It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FPL is the devil!~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So I have no other choice but to have the "lovely" FPL (Florida Power and Light) for electricity and they are the most incompetent company next to the cable company, Brighthouse who let me tell you isn't so bright!

I set up new service on the 9th of this month so that my power would be turned on on the 28th of September, a day before I moved in so that when I got there to move things in and set up cable I had power to get things done. I called Tuesday to verify my appointment and they said "oh no problem it will be on tomorrow." WELL that was NOT the case.

I get to my new apt and I have NO power. I am now beyond annoyed and call them. They then proceed to give me a line of crap about a meter not being there and how it will be 2-3 days! At this point I am almost in tears because I took off work to do all this and I set all this up a month ago and verified everything to make sure. I have zero patience for stupidity and someone elses mistakes messing my stuff up! I was prepared and organized, they were not. It is not my problem there was no meter. Apparently the previous tenants were stealing power so they took it...again NOT my problem! The whole time I'm getting the run around on the phone and they are trying to blame me saying I didn't set it up right and all this crap. I was so livid I could feel my blood pressure rising. It caused everything else in my day to be messed up. The cable guy couldnt test my cable, internet or phone! I couldn't get my sink fixed cause he needed power. I couldn't get anything accomplished because I had no power. It was so darn hot in there I think I lost 5lbs from sweating! So now i have to miss work tomorrow to get what I wanted to get done today.....

So about about 20mins ago they called me back cause I called them first around 8:30 to see where my power was. I have been calling ALL day! When I left my apt at 6pm I still had no power. The lady tells me there is power now and I just have to switch the breaker. I have no idea where it is even at and its almost 9pm at night. Im in bed at the place Im moving from and I'm exhausted. Im not going back there to check the power when I don't even have a flashlight lol. The only breaker I have is in the kitchen and its only two switches.

I told her it's pretty bad that i have to get nasty with them for them to do their jobs properly. Being nice does not work, you get a little stern with them and that works. I did my part weeks ago and they didn't do theirs. It took me making multiple calls all day up their arse to get something done. So we shall see if Janice is correct tomorrow about my power. I don't know when they put it there because as of 6pm it was still off!

What i don't understand is how they say "oh we will call you before and after to verify" and they NEVER called! I told her that when she called me back. I wasn't yelling or anything I just told her it's bad business to not verify appointments like they say they will. I told her how am I suppose to know when they are there if they don't call? How am I suppose to know to check the breakers? It's pretty bad that I have to pop a vain to get something I set up weeks ago and then they tried to blame me! That was the best part! I couldn't believe it! I take meticulous notes and even offered to send her a copy! So let's hope iI have power tomorrow because I do not want to have to call them again!

As for Brighthouse, same deal. They didn't call before they got there and the tech even said they never do! He said they never communicate with them, which doesn't surprise me since i have worked BH customer service and i know the type of people they hire. They also didn't set up my other room like I asked, the guy said he would run the line but I didnt want a cable line thru my bathroom to my bedroom! He said otherwise it would be 40 and i said no way that was suppose to be set up today too! So I have to call them in the morning and get that fixed. I also have notes for that!

So if you come to live in FL be prepared to deal with the worst utility companies ever! It is funny how many people today told me their own horror stories of FPL. I even went to a site to file a complaint and OMG the amount of similar complaints was unreal. They have a monopoly on the power here, FPL is like the only one you can get in many areas of FL so they don't really care if you get screwed or not. They KNOW you have to have them....

/rant

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I must say...

I live in Florida and must deal with FPL on a daily basis in my business...sorry, but ANY power company's responsibility ends at the power head attached to the meter...beyond the meter it is the responsibility of the home owner and their hired electrician to provide further power to the premises. If you don't know where your breaker box is I suggest you call the owner of the apartment or the superintendent of the complex for further assistance. FPL is an ok company, and believe you if they say you have power you do...don't blame them or call them the devil because you don't know proper procedures.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It ain't all sunshine here but you live close to Mickey Mouse so you shouldn't complain.

After all, according to those companies it is your fault anyway. Just kidding.

FPL is out during the hurricanes trying to keep power on. I have seen them. Of course we have the highest rates in the country but then again, we live close to Mickey Mouse.

As for Brighthouse, I have no complaints with their service techs. Their call line is ridiculous but they are here within the next day within the hours stated. And their channels suck but their repair service is quite excellent.

Come to Florida on vacation.
Leave our state on probation,
Be pulled back for violaton and you will stay the whole duration.

Welcome to Florida.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It feels good to vent though doesn't it?

And it was an awful humid day.

I have on good authority, ATT is the devil "incorporate" (as opposed to incarnate) and so FPL must be some sort of a co-hort or perhaps an evil minion?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andronian
I must say...

I live in Florida and must deal with FPL on a daily basis in my business...sorry, but ANY power company's responsibility ends at the power head attached to the meter...beyond the meter it is the responsibility of the home owner and their hired electrician to provide further power to the premises.

WRONG! You don't know what you are talking about. FPL TOOK the meter thank you because previous tenants were stealing power therefore THEIR responsibility.

If you don't know where your breaker box is I suggest you call the owner of the apartment or the superintendent of the complex for further assistance. FPL is an ok company, and believe you if they say you have power you do...don't blame them or call them the devil because you don't know proper procedures.

They are the devil sorry I can't stand them and have every right to complain. This IS the rant forum. IF you don't like it post elsewhere.

Here is why they are the devil:

1. Set up power a month in advance and called the day before to verify because I was taught to do that and they STILL didn't have my power on.

2. I have 4 different bill amounts right now and nobody can tell me why.

3. Oh 2 different deposit amounts (again nobody knows jack)

4. I received a bill from an address from FOUR years ago saying I owe 104 and some change. Funny thing is I remember that bill because they took that amount out of my deposit when I cancelled service because I thought it was a waste of paper because they sent me the balance of my deposit in a check and it was less than 5 bucks.

So yea I have every right to call them the devil when I do everything i am suppose to and obviously someone there is sleeping on the job. I know many people with similar stories. So don't tell me what I can't be upset about when I have every right. NOW I'm worried they will just take money from my account that i just linked to it for auto bill pay.

So yea FPL is the devil!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
It ain't all sunshine here but you live close to Mickey Mouse so you shouldn't complain.

After all, according to those companies it is your fault anyway. Just kidding.

HAHA Mickey is a lie! LOL

Yea I couldn't believe she said that to me! I offered to fax her my notes too!

As for Brighthouse, I have no complaints with their service techs. Their call line is ridiculous but they are here within the next day within the hours stated. And their channels suck but their repair service is quite excellent.

Haha agreed! Their repair service is much better than their actual service. I even told the tech that and he laughed and said people tell him that often. Calling BH can be a nightmare. I got my cable, internet and phone free for a month cause I wanted to cancel it and honestly I'm glad I didn't pay for it cause ever since i have had it it's frozen a dozen times, resat itself, ondemand wont work, my DVR play back skips and so on. Im gonna call them today and let them know. Im sure it will be a hassle but hopefully they will just give me a new one although mine are new! I wanted ATT Direct TV but it's not available here and I can't have a dish so I was stuck with them and I was not happy about it. I think I might offer some kind of deposit so I can have Dish lol It was cheaper and they have better channels!

Come to Florida on vacation.
Leave our state on probation,
Be pulled back for violaton and you will stay the whole duration.

Welcome to Florida.

LMAO I have seen this one! You forgot the retirees. Im all for a retired driving lane here. OMG many should not be behind a wheel! It;s like dodge cars on the roads in some areas!

If I didn't have school here I"d be out of FL. lol

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It feels good to vent though doesn't it?

And it was an awful humid day.

I have on good authority, ATT is the devil "incorporate" (as opposed to incarnate) and so FPL must be some sort of a co-hort or perhaps an evil minion?

LOL they are in it together! I have ATT for cell service, they are OK. I haven't really had too many problems with them but that is usually because I get really stern when I go in and well they have no choice but to listen. Im always very polite but I also know my rights as a customer. This comes from working in customer service so they don't like it when I bring up laws and rules they have to abide by. LOL

And yes it was a very hot humid day and moving in that weather made me sick actually. I lost 4lbs! I LOST weight! That is bad for me cause Im already petite but yea it was that hot!

I think FPL, ATT and BH are in co-horts!

top topics

join