It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury press conference today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
MERCURY PRESS CONFERENCE: NASA will announce new findings about Mercury during a press conference on Thursday, Sept. 29th. Tune in at 2 pm EDT to find out what the MESSENGER spacecraft has been learning about the innermost planet.
spaceweather.com...

I wonder if its related to the near earth asteroid conference at 1

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I check spaceweather.com quite frequently this announcement about mercury was not on the site an hour ago it just posted i wonder why the urgency usually press conferences are announce a few days in advance.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
NASA press conference? i wouldn't hold my breath mate..

the way i see it is, if it were to be earth shattering news, it would be a white house press conference that announces it.

guaranteed this is just gonna be another mundane finding..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Mercury is the Messenger God. Maybe they are slipping in an symbolic message.

Could be an interesting one!

st.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Immune

Any chance of a transcript because it's 12.30AM here and I need to go to bed.

I will search for one either way.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The results will get a write up and likely be posted here you wont miss out from sleeping through the conference.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Where is the conference that was suppose to be at 1? I am not finding it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am not sure i am watching the nasa channel at their website i would assume any press conference will be there

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory
Mercury is the Messenger God. Maybe they are slipping in an symbolic message.

Could be an interesting one!

st.

I'm guessing Mercury is the Messenger God because he/it is closest to the source/ Sun ?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Watched the NEO NASA conference...did anyone notice:

No one mentioning 2005 YU55 and its very close pass to earth in November.
Lack of recognition of the asteroid SE58 that made a close pass at earth on September 27 in which they gave no warning.
Lack of recognition of fireballs that hit the earth on September 26 and 27 that caused damage and even killed people, only a brief reference of one that hit in the 90's.
There recognition of brown dwarfs but saying at this point no imminent danger....did they mean today or for years from now?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yeah, this is ALOT more interesting than the first conf.

thank you.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What happened with the Mercury conference?
Has it been aired already?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Asteroid SE58 type in September 27, 2011....ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... Same day Obama, NASA, and others were at the Denver International Airport, near the underground bunker...coincidence. If you notice it is a code 7...meaning they were uncertain about the orbit and did not know if it would hit us. Same time fireballs were falling to earth and caused damage and death. No warning from NASA and no recognition of the event at their conference. Don't trust them.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
WOW!
It's as though NASA had been reading our recent conversations and decided to answer therir own way -

At a NASA teleconference today, researchers working with data from the Messenger spacecraft announced evidence that gusts of solar wind are penetrating Mercury's magnetic field and eroding material off the innermost planet's surface.

The mercury conference today really covers a lot. To me, that quote can only imply that the same is happening to us as they continue:

AR1302 has quieted down since unleashing dual X-flares on Sept. 22nd and 24th. Nevertheless, NOAA forecasters estimate a 25% chance of more X-flares during the next 24 hours. Any such eruptions would be Earth-directed as the sunspot crosses the center of the solar disk.

Earth directed.

They're pretty damned clear about how it has affected Mercury....

spaceweather.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Mercury has little to no atmosphere to protect it. We do. Different results.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm wondering whether the planned and much promoted NEO / WISE conference with the babe, NASA's own Angelina Jolie, and associated with Nibiru, Planet X, Elenin, and the Klingons, swarming with every conspiracy theorist, wasn't just a cover for their basically unannounced, underplayed staggering collection of information in quite similar vein to our own recent banter.
A bit of a 'hit the nail on the head' situation.
And quite, quite pressing....

new topics

top topics

join