It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

undo's inspirations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Aww...about half the art here seems to have been replaced by a famous peice known as "tiny little question mark on a blue background"...but I was fascinated ?99 the stuff I could see though :-)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You have some nice work from what is still is able to be seen here on this thread. I would be interested in looking at some more of your work. I am an artist as well and always love looking at others work it helps me figure out what makes my work so much different from others and what makes theirs different then mine. I have been able to explore and love all forms of work this way, so I cant leave without thanking you for helping broaden my mind a lil bit.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

here's one i called intergalactic antique shopper. hehe

edit on 4-12-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
and my interpretation of Luthien Tinuviel
from tolkien's book, The Silmarillion

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
and my interpretation of lady galadriel, from lord of the rings, in a swan boat. you have to right click it and view image to see full size

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
this was originally on the first page. it's my attempt at doing vector art without a vector program. i tried to get it to look like an old playbill

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
my interpretation of a photo of captain jack sparrow. i was trying to make it look like messy, texturizd oil paints, the idea being to kind of mimic his messy, organic character

i never did get his eyes right

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
and the ever changing, arwen evenstar from lord of the rings

this particular painting has been repainted by me, hundreds of times lol

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Your pieces are very nice, in regards to good ole captain jack, the only thing I noticed about the eye that was a little off was you chose to not flesh in the tear duct but idk if thats how it appeared on the source material or not but that being what it is it looks great it really does, and i like your antique shopper alot as well. I am not really a big fan of Tolkien but your rendering of the characters are very nice and have a child like dream feel to them which is sometimes hard to encompass. I am currently working on one that is also striving for that nostalgic dreamy feel to it and can understand the difficulties trying to emulate this on a form of media without just saying its dreamy if you get what I mean. Thanks for taking the time to post and repost some of these images.

Bman

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

thanks brotherman.

yeah on captain, i tried repeatedly to fix it, and it would just get worse. i think whatever the problem is,
it's got something to do with the rest of his facial structure. i decided to just leave it like that.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I dont think it looks bad at all, here is a link to the "dreamy-esque" piece I was saying about, if you want you can go in there and let me know what you think its a link to a photobucket not an ats thread

Link

Its an 18x24in sketch Im working on that will be getting painted in rapid succession as soon as I figure out exactly how I want to do what across the piece. Check it out if you get bored and thanks again for sharing your work, the more I look at your intergalatic antique shopper the more I like it, reminds me of so many different things especially the old school final fantasy games from when I was a kid like the box art and in the manual art.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

oh i commented your thread on that pic. you need to post that newest image, of her standing in the field. that's really good stuff there. its massively classic. and i went to your link you just posted and noted the colors on one of the rose petals you were working on and sheesh that is going to be beautiful.

the inspiration for intergalactic antique shopper was:

pippy longstocking
star wars tatooine houses
my mom and sister who love antiques
my mom passed away at the ripe old age of 89, and i can just imagine her getting her new heavenly body and trekking across the universe (to all the friendly planets of course hehe) antique shopping.

in a more elaborate version of that, i have a star wars jawa in the pic as well, but i think i lost that version when my last computer crashed and all onboard didst go to the computer graveyard

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Inspiration can come from the craziest things, for example I have often been inspired by amazing stone work, I love the stone its coldness and its ability to be so alone and so beautiful. I try to emulate sometimes these same qualities. I take alot of influence from Da Vinci, Michealangelo, and Bernini. I can certainly see now these influences in that piece, I wasnt truly off the path with it reminding me of old but awesome artwork from Final Fantasy games and their manuals. It is a very incredible piece that one, I was admiring your attempt at vector art and it does look like an old playbill. the only thing that is missing is an aging look and it would be perfect.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
might as well post the one my daughter inspired. she loves riku from the kingdom hearts video games so i painted a pic of him for her.

you have to right click him to see the detail

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I like the rendering of the hair it looks really good. Kingdom Hearts was an awesome game I remember me and my buddies in the Marine Corps played the hell out of it, It was kind of a wierd situation where you have a fire team of marine infantry sitting in a barracks room playing a nostalgic disney game instead of call of duty haha. That piece is really nice, what did you use to render this?

Also wanted to add you said you wanted to study more classical work, when I was in high school, I used to draw alot of my own anime and even did the comics for my high school newspaper along with another student. My real passion though (at least back then) was Michaelangelo I used to draw and redraw alot of his sketches. I grew a very early love for thin brushes and also the conte crayon, If you have a hard time with pencils I would seriously consider graphite sticks or conte crayon, the whole posture of your hand is (or at least in my case) so much different then that which I would use to hold a pencil.

Some example of what you can do with conte crayon

Link

link2

I would highly suggest you give the conte crayon a chance, it can be held and manipulated in so many ways, also especially good to draw and redraw over the same piece of work without erasing to build depth and value if heavy erasing also bothers your hands
edit on 4-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

paintshop pro and a gigantic screenshot of riku beckoning to sora as a wave approaches him from behind. it's in like the first game i think. i'd have to verify that. i have watched my son play every one of those games except the handheld ones. lol yes, i watched him play instead of playing it myself. and there are alot of games. lol i learned alot about keyblades and nobodies and so on and so on.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Your style is very washy and dreamy like I said earlier, I am surprised you havent played kingdom hearts, I know all people are not game people, I will admit though that some of those more involved games do such a great job at creating moving art that tells epic stories with very involved emotions and ties to one another that in my opinion it fills the void between a film and a book. Your art style does a very good job at creating this same effect.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

i've been working on a game idea for awhile now, funny you should mention it. and it seriously needs a real artist to do the work. i mean, seriously. i am not a good artist, i'm just an okay artist. if you'd like to get an idea of what it looks like and note why it needs a real artist, you can see it here (note, it is not optimized for browser resolutions higher than 1024x768. the version i have on my comp, has modifications to the coding to allow the images and frames to resize to the resolution of the computer viewing it, but i haven't finished the coding yet, so before trying to see it, if you don't already have your browser res at 1024x768, you should do so temporarily so you can see the thing at the approximate res and notice the train wreck that is my artwork there. i've been working on it as a template of sorts, to give a general idea the direction i'd like it to take, to support the story. you don't need a login or password. just click the login box and you'll go there. are you using firefox? the page has full screen functionality in the upper right hand corner of the browser window. i'd give you more details but it would take too long and not sure if you'll want to have all that extra data for just looking at my messy graphics

thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It wont let me select quests =0 navigation is kind of difficult, the character still art is awesome, the background stills need some work, the back drop of outerspace is cool too and the music is nice

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

oh i know it's a mess. it needs a good coder too. lol
in fact, a few good coders. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join