It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

undo's inspirations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
thought i'd post some of the stuff i doodle in paintshop. this is a piece i painted called "Silver Feather". she's a work in progress. i don't own a tablet. i do this with the mouse.

i was inspired by the art of pianopraze, here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Very nice job...

It looks great... I wish I had artistic talent like that.. I still have issues staying inside the lines with the crayons.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by undo

Very nice job...

It looks great... I wish I had artistic talent like that.. I still have issues staying inside the lines with the crayons.

thanks. how do i get the image to fit in the window so you don't have to scroll to see the whole thing? do you know?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Wow, you've got a talent there

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You did that with a mouse! wow! Great job. I've never been good art, so i'm jealous.

s 'n' f for you.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
You did that with a mouse! wow! Great job. I've never been good art, so i'm jealous.

s 'n' f for you.

lol yeah and if i had said i painted it with a real paintbrush, then you could be impressed. cause the old way of painting ain't easy. you make a mistake, there's no "undo" feature. lol can't tell you how many real paintings i have totally flubbed up with pencils, pens, acrylics, oils and especially water colors. and then there was the one where my son, who was 4 years old at the time, got up before i did, found a newly painted picture i had done on a huge piece of wood (was poster size painting), and helped himself to the paints, adding his own unique touches to it

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

If its a larger image I dont think you can get it all to fit. You will need to use a program to reduce the size of the photo and then reupload it.

Absent that im pretty sure large images are stuck with the scroll bar.

Im not all that technical though so there could be a way that I dont know about.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
this piece has a long back story. there was a thread on ATS, started by Skyfloating, entitled "Modern Art Idiocy"., for maaaaaaaany pages we all debated what is and isn't art. eventually we got on the subject of a painting called "Red Square." the painting is said to be worth millions of dollars but all it is, is a red square. nothing more, nothing less. anyway, one of the posters in the thread named "endisnighe" painted this painting as a tongue in cheek stab at the idea, and said:

I call it "white on red" Thinking of submitting it to Sotheby's as a long lost work of some unknown suicided artist. I should make at least $50 million USD!

White on Red by endisnighe

I thought it looked like a coke advrertisment so i made a sprite advertisement

The Romance of Lemon and Lime by undo

if you'd like to read the thread (lol), it's here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
this was inspired by my mom's interest in antique furniture.

Autumn

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
piece i submitted for a t-shirt art contest. i wanted it to look 3d-ish

detail of it

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a very early attempt at classical art style.

Egyptian Bath

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
my first and only serious attempt at vector art, without a vector program. done entirely in paintshop, using the selection tool to create the vector like appearance. this is art deco or art nouveau, i can't remember which lol i was attempting to make it look like an old playbill.

Fred Astaire

edit on 29-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a gift for my daughter who was a kingdom hearts (video game) fan, particularly a fan of the character Riku. And this is him, painted from a video game reference of him standing in front of an incoming tide of water/ his head was bigger than his other body proportions

Riku

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
my unfinished interpretation of "Winter". a comic book style art, of a character from the star wars extended universe. she was a jedi and the nanny/bodyguard of the solo children (leia and han are married in the extended universe, and have three kids, two of which are twins)

i was tinkering with the lightsaber glow but didn't do the piece in layers, so have to block out all that white fuzz manually. haven't gotten around to it yet

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Very cool...

All the pics look really good.

Ever thought about selling em?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Very cool...

All the pics look really good.

Ever thought about selling em?

yeah a couple times lol
some of it is just not print quality though, due to various things like my graphics program is not photoshop quaity, although it'll do, its an older version of paintshop, like paintshop 7 i think. they must be on 11 or so by now. . i have some vision problems too.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
sort of a mix of vector and comic book art. this is han solo from the film, star wars: the empire strikes back.

Han Solo: Scoundrel

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
C3PO from the film Star Wars: A New Hope
This was painted from a photo of C3PO in a corridor of Tantive IV, the counsellor ship that Leia is on when the audience meets Vader for the first time (if you don't count his brief appearance at the end of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith).

i wanted to make it realistic in homage to its original but just different enough that it was its own piece of art. so although it may look like C3PO, it's actually my own unique take on him

edit on 30-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
made a more artsy version of the op pic

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
and another variant of the op pic.
was goofing around with filters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join