It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Calls For NFL Boycott Over TSA-Style Groping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Jesse Ventura Calls For NFL Boycott Over TSA-Style Groping

www.infowars.com

Former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura has called for a nationwide boycott of the NFL in response to its announcement that attendees to all football games will be groped TSA-style, while Ventura also launched a campaign for a national no fly day set to take place on July 4th 2012.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So if you dont want to be sexually assaulted in the name of security it was always thought that you just shouldnt fly. The problem is, as many have been saying since the TSA made its way into the airports, is that its not going to stop just at the airports. Not only are the TSA also at the bus stations, but now before you can enjoy the privlage of being entertained in this once free nation, you have to be punished by undertrained minimum wage goons feeling up your wife's breasts. But dont worry, soon they will be in the malls, schools, parks and restuarants protecting you and your family from those bad men in caves.

So why does this bother me so much? Because not even at the height of Nazi Germany did the people have to deal with such an invasion of personal privacy on such a mass scale. At this point Id actually prefer to be asked for papers over being sexually assaulted everytime I choose to leave my house. But as the NFL willingly assaults the very same people that line their pockets, the people themselves will walk around ignorant to the fact that none of this is real and that it is, in reality, nothing more than a power grab and an outright assault on our freedom.

Jesse Ventura brings up a very good point which is what is stopping these bad men in caves from simply using their terror methods on the people waiting in line to board their airplane or get into the stadium? Sure the aircraft or stadium may be secure, but what about the 300+ people standing in line at any given time or day in any given airport around our country? What about the thousands of people waiting to walk into the stadium? Who screens them? Absolutely nobody. So where does the insanity stop?

"Leave their stadiums empty" and to be honest, I can actually see this happening. How many drunken Raider fans do you think are going to put up with this every week? Going to the airport once a year and dealing with it is one thing, but when it becomes a weekly or even daily routine, then we might just see a major drop in ticket sales for these already overpriced artificial gladiatorial games.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The NFL could announce strip searches and still sell-out games.

Ventura is fighting the wrong battle here.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I agree with you 100%. Where the heck does it stop ?
If we're so freaked out all of the time,( and getting worse), does that mean they've succeeded
in making us paranoid ? Appears so.

I'm a Jesse believer !

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

At this point Id actually prefer to be asked for papers over being sexually assaulted everytime I choose to leave my house.

Really? I wouldn't.

And i know its bad and all, but it's not to that point yet.

"everytime i choose to leave my house".. It's not that bad yet is it?

Anyway, i'm all with you on stopping this invasion of privacy and attack on our rights!

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Was this today OP? Because if I was him I'd be pretty shook up a man who I talked to a day ago about top secret stuff suddenly died. WTF's he going on about the NFL for??

I do agree though TSA is complete and utter bollocks. They should be charged with molestation, assault and I'd say inciting fear.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

The invterview was yesterday I believe.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've been to 2 Saints games this season. I have also opted out and got the pat down at the airport. At least at the Superdome, the NFL pat-down is nothing and not really intrusive. The TSA pat down was pretty intrusive and uncomfortable. In the agent's defense, he was very polite and told me what he was doing as he was doing it. But, yes, I believe an invasion of privacy.
The Dome pat-down is just a quick brush up your sides from your waist to your underarms. And the only thing new is a brush up the side of your leg, from your ankle to your knee. It is literally about 0.5 seconds longer than the previous 5-6 years' security check.
From someone who has experienced both, the NFL pat down is nothing compared to the TSA airport pat down. Not even remotely close.
After I saw that Jesse V often goes to Alex Jones as his source of info, I pretty much began ignoring his stuff.
Don't get me wrong. We should be vigilant, but this particular cause is a weak one.

PS - GEAUX SAINTS

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
The Dome pat-down is just a quick brush up your sides from your waist to your underarms. And the only thing new is a brush up the side of your leg, from your ankle to your knee. It is literally about 0.5 seconds longer than the previous 5-6 years' security check.

Translation: "It's alright. It's only a little bit more trampling on my Fourth Amendment rights. I'm okay with it as long as you roll it out slowly."

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I never liked attending football games live when the option was there to watch the game on television. Mainly because you get a better understanding of the game and what's going on, via the commentators, and you also don't have to contend with the noise.

But, attending a live game is more of an "experience," and I suspect many people go for that reason, not just to watch the game. This doesn't apply of course if you are in a luxury-box, lol. I don't like this idea of implementing pat-downs, much less full-on groping, but I can see their point of view.

How many people attend NFL football games? Thousands upon thousands. So many thousands that a terrorist would be hard-pressed to find any other target where that many people are congregating. Understanding that begs the question...is there any other solution? They are concerned about security, and I don't blame them for that, but what other options are there?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura is a true American patriot. When most people have their heads stuck in the sand, giving up their liberties for security, Ventura is at the front of the pack saying "Hell no".

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

Translation: I do not like common sense and I like to act tough on the internet.

If you disrupt your whole life due to being touched lightly on the leg, you are probably either easily manipulated by morons like Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura or you're a fake tough guy who would probably fold like a lilly in a real fourth amendment situation. I know the type. See them all the time. They are usually watching and acquiescing as I'm being hassled for standing up for my actual rights.
This is nothing.
Be on the lookout for a real issue, junior

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

Maybe what is nothing to one is everything to some one else. one mans trash is another mans treasure. Apparently some people think oit is ok to have some stranger put their hands all over themselves and their underage children and other people would consider that sexual assault with the perpetrators being put on a sex offender list for life along with a prison sentence. Only differenceis one getting paid to sexually assault you and the other does it for free. When are people going to get their head wrapped around the fact that the airport and the footbball game are paying customers. You are paying to stand in lines. You are paying to be assaulted, You are paying to run the chance of an incident and maybe getting tased or jailed. What is wrong with people?

new topics

top topics

join