It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw A Large Meteor Last Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Feel free to move if not in the right forum.

Between 3:19-3:20am EST this morning I witnessed a fairly large meteor burn up and split into two pieces. This was while traveling East on I-24 in Chattanooga, Tn. just passed the crest of Missionary Ridge. Normally I wouldn't make a big deal about this, but it was not the common small blue/green bolides that I have seen before. It was large and orange/white in color. For a size comparison I would say it was a little smaller than the top side of an eraser on the end of a normal pencil if you held it up to the sky.

Monday night while on a nightly walk between 9:45-10:15pm I saw two regular shooting stars. Not a big deal, but I find it highly odd that I have seen these kind of things within the city where there is a lot of light. Not impossible to see, but not likely either.

Just thought I would make a post to see if anyone else might have seen the same thing last night, or to be linked up with a similar story.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No meteors seen here, sorry.

Since we rarely see them we consider shooting stars a rare occurance. But if you have a dark sky, or just a clear view, you can see up to 50 falling stars in a night.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ya me to around same time
came out from Orion belt South east and went down east of me was looking east went i saw it
was about twice the size of Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Feel free to move if not in the right forum.

Between 3:19-3:20am EST this morning I witnessed a fairly large meteor burn up and split into two pieces. This was while traveling East on I-24 in Chattanooga, Tn. just passed the crest of Missionary Ridge. Normally I wouldn't make a big deal about this, but it was not the common small blue/green bolides that I have seen before. It was large and orange/white in color. For a size comparison I would say it was a little smaller than the top side of an eraser on the end of a normal pencil if you held it up to the sky.

Monday night while on a nightly walk between 9:45-10:15pm I saw two regular shooting stars. Not a big deal, but I find it highly odd that I have seen these kind of things within the city where there is a lot of light. Not impossible to see, but not likely either.

Just thought I would make a post to see if anyone else might have seen the same thing last night, or to be linked up with a similar story.

Is that Tennessee? Are you telling the truth? Are you sure it was moving only east and not somehow north east,if that is possible

top topics

join