It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 2012 and we're all unchanged/alive and well...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I hold no stock in 2012 prophecies, let me make that clear now. Probably obvious by my title anyway.

I don't believe it will be the coming of Armageddon, a magnetic polar shift, an 'enlightening', I don't even believe that the Earths current instability is leading to anything more catastrophic such as the worlds volcanoes spewing out upon the planet in the later part of next year.
I honestly think it's nothing more than just the end of a very bloody long calendar

I spent so much time when I was younger worrying about these comets that are said to be coming to crash into earth (so Elenin posed no threat to me since comets like it have been peppered throughout my childhood and adolescence) and world ending events, that I just gave up on being worried in the end, once I did my own reading and formed my own opinions.

I know many people will probably feel a little sheepish (or maybe they won't) that they've prophesized and fear mongered for many years all for nothing, but I think when nothing significant happens, there will come many revisions.

Probably to the Mayan calendar to begin with, then people will start looking for new dates which they can make YouTube videos about so everyone can post them and believe because its on YouTube which means its obviously the most credible source of information in the technological world.

Are there any dates as of today that are said to be the next one to watch, once 2012 comes and goes? I want sources and links, not just "I had a dream...."
They don't even have to be THAT credible, I just want to look at these dates, and see the reasoning behind why people think or theorize that there is something world changing to happen on these dates.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
because we are humans 1% of the humanity????? and we hope that a change will appear in the beast(animal) behavior?!?!?! and it will become MAN!!!!!....so it is very very bad if will not appear a change till 2012!!!, because then we are doomed forever in the animal position that we are now !!!!!....that why we NEED 2012, if you could understand me !!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
There are those who believe December 21, 2012 spells doomsday for the Earth. Few actually believe this, but they are out there, and they make themselves known.

There are those, like you, who believe that date to be meaningless, that you'll see occasionally saying, "I guess the next date mankind has to survive is December 21, 2012..."

Then there are those, who actually do some research into it, and understand that 2012, and 2013, is the solar maximum for this cycle. That the sun will bombard the earth with solar flares and CMEs so strong, that there is a chance another Carrington event will take place, and because of today's reliance on technology, would be vastly damaging and costly to repair.

There are also those who take this further, and believe flares or CMEs can cause earthquakes, and therefore a strong flare/CME 'season' will also cause a stronger Earthquake 'season'..

Whatever you believe, it won't matter until 2012 comes to an end, and 2013 rolls around, when we can all laugh at those who spread doom and gloom, or run for our lives as our world burns.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
forget 2012 its a distraction.....fear the elite....the banksters...they are making their move look at the markets and prepare....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sabalsis1972

I understand you fine, it's not what I asked though. I don't care why people think we need a mass shift in social consciousness, man will never achieve the perfection that a small number of the whole crave because man by nature is flawed, there will always be more and more people who strive to get 'theirs and only theirs' and not care about others.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I agree, i dont believe anything magical, apocalyptic or ET related will happen in our lifetime, there will be wars and conspiracies however, i wish people would just focus on the task at hand instead of making themselves believe that they will be saved by aliens or by other dimensions or wishing that a dwarfstarcometspaceshipnibirufireball would put us out of our misery..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

Yes, having seen this this morning, the man in this article actually makes money from a poor economy and wishes for more recessions as it just makes him more money. Here

I do believe money will be the thing to watch, but not because of 2012, but more down to poor management and greed

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I am in the process of putting together what you seek, please give me a few days to get it together....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Thank you! I'm most interested to see what you have compiled

Understand people, I only want to look at prophecies that talk of the end of life as we know it, and why people think that it might happen.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

There won't be any yet. We have just survived destruction by an insignificant dusty icy ball called Elenin! We will then spend the next 12 months reading about the zillionth theory of why 2012 is "definitely" the end of the world which is being covered up by NASA (as they did with Elenin......oh hang on nothing happend so no cover up....oh well
). So I'm afraid any predictions will not start until after 2012

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I understand why you seek this information. It is not the end of the world in any sense, it is the end of TIME, and a cycle of time. This cycle is based on movements of the celestial bodies. As this cycle ends/shifts there is a correlation with the evolution of our consciousness, so see it not as the end of the world, but as the end of a cycle of time that correlates directly with celestial movements well documented by the Maya and modern science.

Thread should be done in the next couple of days which will have some solid data for you to consider. Hope I can help with your queries.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Life goes on after 2012 and well i'm sure all the conspiricists will come up with a new date

i go by the bible and that says nobody knows the end

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i think we should all stop caring so much about what might happen and just enjoy our lives, if it happens it happens, nothing will change by trying to figure out what might happen.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm not trying to figure out what will happen in the future, I want to know why people are so determined to make this world change/end before its time and what makes them think its going to happen when they think it will

top topics

join