It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off Topic Subway rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I go to subway about 3-4 times a week, and i applied at Subway a few times every few months, im fimiliar with the workers there, today i walked in like normal to get a foot long, and i saw a new girl at the sandwhich line...

First, after i told her what i wanted she asked what bread, again, then she took the bread, PUT IT ON ITS SIDE!!! and tried to cut it VERITCAL! Are you stupid? do you know how to cut a piece of freaking bread?

Then she picked up the TURKEY, its WHITE, and asked her super visor if its ham....then she asked again did you want ham...idiot

Then she picked up the ROAST BEEF and asked if it was turkey....

Then i asked for american cheese, she picked up the provolone, every ingredient i told her no...thats not that.

Asked for salt and pepper she only put pepper. im asking, is every subway like this? Did she even get a high school diploma she doesnt even know what turkey, ham looks like? Is the american school system broken? Anyone else get shot down but get replaced by a dumb bimbo?
edit on 27-9-2011 by scapers2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I smell a conspiracy...... oh wait thats just the bread

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

I'm guessing she may have been hired for something other than her brains/skills? Been known to happen. Some manager's don't think with their upper brains.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Theres a conspiracy afoot!!

I just dont know how a single person can be so stupid she doesnt know what any sandwhich ingredient looks like, every step she looked at her supervisor, this is the only situation where this woman should stay out of the kitchen lol..kidding girls

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

There is a Subway in my neighborhood (I live downtown)...and I have never had the problem you speak of.

I am thinking...she is new on the job.....very nervous.....and obviously needs some more training. If I had been her customer....I would have tried to help her...let her know what the correct names of the foods are.

I know you are ranting here on ATS...but I am curious.....what was your attitude with this person? Were you short tempered? Did you yell at her....or talk loudly....were you sarcastic and condescending? Or....were you nice?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In my experience this is a pretty typical experience at a Subway. I don't know what their criteria are for hiring; but their employees seem to lack... I don't know what... confidence? competence? life experience? I guess they come cheap, though.

But to answer your final question: Yes. I've had this happen more times than I care to think about. The times when I was job-searching there were a number of jobs where I knew for certain that I was the best candidate they could hope to get, for what they were paying. And then they'd go out and hire some dumb-ass. The attitude I finally developed was: OK. Whatever. If they're too stupid to hire smart, competent people, I wouldn't want to work there and have to deal with the people they do hire....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
generally when i go to subway i have no issues unless i order a little to fast and they just want to double check which is fine...but other then that ive never had this issue....id be pissed and be like can someone else make it i dont even wanna trust you that your hands are clean.....

id a asked for a manager and been like do you wanna make my sub she clearly is not getting it and i dont wanna be here all night....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Was she a looker? ive noticed in my city that job positions that come with high customer interaction tend to be given to better lookin people than more intelligent ones.My very first job was given to me,i believe because of my looks...I chit chatted with my opponent for about 20 minutes before our individual interviews and had lost all hope after hearing that he had 2 years of customer service already under his belt. Longer story short i got the job n he didnt,probably because he looked like robin williams in the movie jack lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I've never had that problem at the Subway here. My guess is that she is someone's sister/daughter/lover or some combination of the three.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Ive never had this problem with subway here in my town,the employees are very competent,i eat there a couple of times a month to get my philly cheesesteak fix
Its these damned drive thru burrito n taco places that get under my skin, their employees dont even make an effort to learn english its ridiculous!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Then she picked up the TURKEY, its WHITE, and asked her super visor if its ham....then she asked again did you want ham...idiot

Then she picked up the ROAST BEEF and asked if it was turkey....

Ermmm...correct me if im wrong, but dosent subway have a label for all the ingredients that go into the sandwich on the employees side of the counter? Atleast where I live, they do. Ive never worked at a subway (friends have, thats why I know the Subways around here have labels) but Ive worked at a couple restaurants and every one of them had a list of what goes into each sandwhich, pasta, ect....

......How can you get Roast Beef and Turkey messed up? I can see how someone new could get chicken and turkey mixed up..but roast beef????

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I have been eating at Subway about 4 times a week recently. Trying to stay away from fired foods and it just seems logical to eat food that is relatively fresh and I can watch it being prepared.

I stop at different stores in the area and have been some what a critic of the stores employees.

On the receipt you can log in to a web site and some questions and then get a coupon for a free cookie.Yeah!

That said there are two stores I will never go to again. One store the employee was dumber than a box of rocks.

The other store they charged me tax on take out. Every other store does not.

I also look to watch if when I order a 6 inch if they grab a half loaf if it has been cut all ready.

Some of the employees are to stupid to cut a full loaf in half cut that half open and leave the other half uncut until somebody orders it. It's about freshness.

I feel for you about the store you have to go to. I at least have options.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by scapers2u
Did she even get a high school diploma she doesnt even know what turkey, ham looks like? Is the american school system broken?
edit on 27-9-2011 by scapers2u because: (no reason given)

I love this part!
Yes the school system is broken , you are absolutely right. We need more tax dollars going towards preparing the youth of america for the glamourous and highly rewarding professions such as Sandwich Artist's and Burger Flipping.

Come on man, Its Subway. Jobs like those are for people who arent qualified for higher levels of employment.
Did you try Burger King, McDonalds, Dairy Queen? Whats the difference. Does subway offer health insurance, a dental plan, 401k, etc...?

then she took the bread, PUT IT ON ITS SIDE!!! and tried to cut it VERITCAL! Are you stupid? do you know how to cut a piece of freaking bread?

Maybe you didnt get the job because the manager felt that you had an unhealthy obsession with bread slicing techniques. But you are totally right man, If only we had the option of attending Sandwich Ingredient Identification and Assembly class in high school, we could all be living the minimum wage dream. Get on it Obama!

edit on 28-9-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
you know the display bread subway has? once i got a sandwich that was made outta that stale of bread. yea right for freshness. I don't eat at subway, its too cheap a sandwich shop. I don't doubt that their ingredients are contaminated. the food just sits out in trays exposed to air at room temp all day long. How stupid are people to believe their food is fresh. cause its not by the end of the day. foods should be properly refrigerated until you're ready to eat them! Bread should never be served stale.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by scapers2u
reply to post by AllUrChips

Theres a conspiracy afoot!!

I just dont know how a single person can be so stupid she doesnt know what any sandwhich ingredient looks like, every step she looked at her supervisor, this is the only situation where this woman should stay out of the kitchen lol..kidding girls

No it was a 6inch conspiracy lol

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

Not sure where you live but here in Cali if you go to Subway and order a sandwich that has anything heated on it they charge tax. If you order one that's all cold stuff there's no tax... But if you get it toasted, then there's tax. I get the chicken bacon ranch sub, and because they nuke the chicken and bacon I have to pay tax. Pretty stupid.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Not sure why you'd want that stodgy overpriced muck stuck in your teeth anyway, but each to their own...

new topics

top topics

join