It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain Jumps Ahead In New Poll, Perry Crashes, Bachmann Crashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
zogby.com...

UTICA, NY--Rick Perry has tumbled by more than 20 percentage points over the past month among Republican presidential primary voters and is now second to Herman Cain, who leads the field with 28%.

This poll was released by Zogby yesterday, and the results are pretty interesting.

A few things that catch my attention - First, Cain more than doubled his percentage within just a couple weeks. Second, Perry is on a downward spiral. Third, Bachmann is on a downward spiral to. Romney and Paul seem to be able to hold their standings without any large losses.

The biggest thing I am getting out of the poll - It takes just a month or less to lose a massive amount (Bachmann and Perry)

Some more information about the poll below

These results are from an IBOPE Zogby interactive poll conducted Sept. 23-26 of all likely voters and of likely Republican primary voters.

This poll was conducted after Perry's most recent subpar debate performance last Thursday, but the survey was still in the field when Cain won a Florida straw poll on Sunday.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Cain didn't double his percentage. The media is saying that Cain doubled his percentage. There is a difference. One is reality and one is narrative.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This poll says he is leading but in the news Cain is still not ahead. I am a Fox news watcher and they are still focused on Romney and Perry. Cain is getting a huge boost this week not only the Florida straw poll win but Rush Limbaugh has been talking about Cain for 2 days. I really wish the news would give each candidate equal airtime so the people were better informed on the candidates. I do like Cain.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Let's see if Cain gets the majority of the questions in the next debate. Or will it still be Perry vs Romney? The MSM completely ignores polls when it comes to asking candidates questions during debates. So, will Cain be center stage at the next debate?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Still a long way to go, but these results do reflect a renewed spirit of actually watching the debates and not relying on the MSM to spoon feed the next GOP canididate..

That's a good thing... Who knows if the MSM will now include Cain in the mix as far as airtime during the next debate, (I for one would like to hear him speak more), but it's definitely refreshing to see the polls reflect debate performance...

edit on Tue, 27 Sep 2011 14:35:19 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: sp

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

That is a great question, I really doubt Cain will get anymore attention at the debates then what he has been getting.

I notice Bachmann was a hot item, then the people listened to her and she dropped. Perry was the one according to the press then the people listened to him and he is tanking. I just can't see the Republican party putting Cain or Paul on the ticket because those two don't seem to be hand chosen. The Republican party seems desperate, they are begging Christie to get in the race and he keeps saying no.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Cain didn't double his percentage. The media is saying that Cain doubled his percentage. There is a difference. One is reality and one is narrative.

This is exactly right, look at the link people and read the statistics of the polled 'likely voters'...right, there aren't any. The didn't disclose any details about the people polled, no age brackets, no ethnicities, nothing.

join