It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lost Member to Our Solar Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
www.mnn.com...

On the link above you will discover information, which relates to the possibility of another planet existing within our own solar system.

David Nesvorny from Colorado’s Southwest Research Institute reached the conclusion after performing around 6,000 computer simulations about the formation of the solar system, nearly all of which required the extra planet to work. Almost all of the simulations that factored in only the planets we know of in our solar system showed the four gas giants violently destroying one another. In the few simulations in which they survived, several of the rocky planets, such as Earth, were destroyed instead.

The first thought that came to my mind - is it possible another planet still exists; one that we haven't discovered yet?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Isn't that what the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter is? The leftovers of an extra terrestrial planet that got destroyed?

Edit: Nvm. Note to self: read the bloody article before responding next time.
edit on 27-9-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I thought they already proved there is/was another Gas Giant out beyond the Kuiper Belt or Van Allen Belt or something like that. I personally believe that is what is disturbing the Asteroids and making them crash into us and the sun at a alarming rate last few years. But we'll never know because they'll never tell us and nobody has billions to spend on a private space telescope.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I don't think they have ever "proven" anything - as far as the public sector goes.

I do think they have found something however, and aren't saying.

new topics

top topics

join