It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
All the sites/newspapers i read that have info on the things going on with N.Korea seem to be in the middle of a long story.

Can any of you here explain to me how it started, whats going on, where its likely to lead etc?

thanks. (please no stupid, attention seeking comments like "READ UP ON IT BEFORE YOU POST") or whatever

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I can only see one solution to the North Korea issue - war.

The regime there is holding the world to ransom using a nuclear threat.
It's regime has made it one of the poorest countries in the world. There is no industry, no money coming in. The only way to get that money is by the threat of force.

I think North Korea is going to be an even greater challenge to the UN than Iraq was. It's geographical position next to China means that there is no way that the US will want to go in there alone. But I also believe that China is just as likely to be threatened by the North Koreans as it's economy grows and it's smaller neighbour begins to covet it's assets.

North Korea is using a bullying tactic to keep it's regime alive. It takes money from the UN, aid from many countries (inluding the US) and in return says "give us more or we will build nuclear weapons". It's only one step and a couple of years from there to saying "give us everything or we will use nuclear weapons".

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think they already said there going to use them. The question is how and when?

join