It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Make Near-Earth Announcement Regarding YU55 & Other Potential ELE on Sept 29, 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

Alright! YU55 will be here on my birthday.........I hope it gives me something I will never forget.

What? You think you're going to live forever?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Going near DIA is enough for me to suggest that he is by all means there for convenience. They could easily sneak him in, after all he is the president and his safety as we all know is of utmost importance.

As far as I can remember, there were some information shared on this thread mentioning Global elite movement.

From a laymen's point of view, that is clear enough indication of perhaps some inbound life threatening event..

Please this is not intended to cause panic or anything, it just seems fishy, is all.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard
reply to post by syrinx high priest

whats it going to do, flatten a forest?
get real, this posts no risk to the planet
a few million might die, but its not going to ruin anyones day

The rock that blasted Tunguska wasn't much smaller than this one. Look at the devastation that caused. With all the tensions if the world if it hit a city of a nuclear-armed nation do you *really* think they would take "Wait it wasn't us it was a meteor!" as an excuse? Probly not.

Not saying that this latest alert is false, but I can see how it would cause a ripple effect.

Tunguska

Updated 11 March: Infrared observations of 2009 DD45 suggest it is a member of a class of rocky asteroids called "S-type". Based on the average surface brightness of these asteroids, DD45's size appears to be about 19 km across, on the lower end of its estimated size range. Its size and stony makeup suggest it would break up high in Earth's atmosphere if it were ever found on a collision course with Earth, and would not cause damage on the ground, says NASA's David Morrison in an email newsletter. An asteroid about the size of the one that levelled the forest in Tunguska, Siberia, a century ago flew past Earth on Monday - well within the Moon's orbit. The risk of a future impact with the object is not yet known.

Yes, the article is from 2009 but the asteroid is about the same size.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Thanks for the links! I didn't mean to discredit you haha, trust me, I think something is up as well.

I do agree, just because Obama has a schedule for us to see, by no means infers that those plans are concrete.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Except we don't know that it was a rock.
That is purely a hypothesis, not a fact.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by ignant

Some of those are absolutely massive. Wow.

indeed!

and i sure hope the chart totally accomodates for Earth's exact exertion of GRAVITY for those that come closer to us than the moon, and because there is the moon there is the double-chance of being hit (either directly, or by asteroid hitting moon then throwing off into earth's orbit).

here is the asteroid CQ2011 that in February Nasa says "made the closest-ever approach to our planet without hitting it, an encounter that changed its place in our solar system forever" it's a tiny 1m asteroid but the implications are tremendous for the next and the next.

one look at the diagram and its amazing it missed entry. will be so fortunate the next time around and then the next??

www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka

Except we don't know that it was a rock.
That is purely a hypothesis, not a fact.

Occam's razor, dude. It was 1908. Only 3 things could have conceivably fallen from the sky.

1. A rock
2. A comet (less likely, it should have been seen before then, but possible)
3. An alien nuke or ship itself. (if such a thing exists)

I'll put five bucks on the most likely scenario. Meteors do detonate. That much has been proven. Ergo, a potential 13 meter wide bomb that can hit with the force of a megaton+ is something to be aware of, especially since NASA, our government, and TPTB in general are acting weird.

Like I said, I'm not in the process of digging a deeper foxhole, but it does bear watching. Be alert and aware, not panicked.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

ebs test? oh yeah makes sense. when is that test scheduled for again? *forget*

Thought it was in November but we just had one for the first time in years on the tele right now. Surprised the crap out of me especially when I had the set cranked.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Tunguska's always been of interest for me, particularly in what the Evenki eye witnesses had to say about it - Tunguska Evenet Eyewitness Accounts

They basically describe an air-detonated nuclear explosion (plus they suffered symptoms similar to if not identical to radiation exposure).
Must have been a nuclear rock...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
JPL does not seem to be working. Is anyone else having an issue with this site?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by XplanetX

Funny...his schedule says he'll be at Abraham Lincoln High School...

www.whitehouse.gov...

From what I understand...he is on a fund-raising trip. His schedule seems really quick and full.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
These are not announcements, they are conferences, the NASA one will be aired on tv. The EU one sponsored by the ESA, is in Warsaw, Poland on the same date. This is more to do with NEO's measured in metres, rather than big stuff, entering around orbiting craft, some of the smaller stuff has been missed until a late stage. If you look up Spaceweather.com's archives you will see those smaller asteroids when they appeared.That NASA does include 'ground based facilities' in the agenda however, would be related to something striking the earth, I would imagine, or perhaps protecting against geomagnetic storms.
edit on 27-9-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
wait so NASA is doing that announcement on sept 29, so that means we're not gonna die today like everyone predicted.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Also congress has a recess this week, Watch the MARKETS for a high rate of change. The 29th is a Friday to boot. so the chances of it being something juicy is quite good.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
note, the topic title is correct

anyways, here's Space.com's announcement of Thursday's coming conference:

www.space.com...

"NASA to Announce New Asteroid Discoveries Thursday"

NASA will reveal new findings about near-Earth asteroids during a press conference this Thursday (Sept. 29), agency officials announced today.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I was going to point that out as well, announcement is the word that makes this interesting.

I don't know what to expect, but NASA knows something is up. We just got word that SOMETHING is up, we just don't realize what that something may be.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Can anyone explain what the heck that page means to a numb skull like me, please.

Completely confused as to what the data represents.

Would be greatly appreciated!!!

The large box on the left is showing the orbital elements of the asteroid. This is the information that is required to calculate the trajectory of the asteroid as it moves through space.

The smaller box (Orbit determination parameters) provides details of the number of observations that have been used to calculate the orbital elements, and the span of time between the first and last observations. "Opposition" is the point in an asteroid's orbit where it is directly opposite the Sun in Earth's sky, so in this case you can see that this has happened 16 times between the dates of first and last observation. DE403 is the Digital Ephemeris that has been used to calculate the positions of the planets in the timespan in which the asteroid has been observed. Each of the planets exerts a small gravitational "tug" on the asteroid, and these forces need to be known precisely for very accurate orbit determination.

The Physical Parameter Table gives the absolute magnitude of the asteroid, which is the apparent magnitude that it would have as seen from Earth at a distance of 1AU from our planet, 1 AU from the Sun, and with a 100% phase (in other words, fully illuminated). This is actually impossible, but it is the "standard candle" that is used to compare the relative brightness of Solar System objects.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to ask

edit on 27-9-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Interesting. I wonder if the tunguska rock had some radioactive elements inside of it. I am not discounting the evidence of alien tech (there's plenty of circumstantial evidence in favor) but right now i'm just speaking of "known" science. A meteoric dirty bomb? Quite possible.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Heard this was in direct link to 9/11 attempt and also the government needing a revamp on preparation for nuclear attacks if there ever are any. The timing fits both well, but more so the nuclear aspect than anything else in my book.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

When isn't the government not doing weird stuff though?! They are always doing something that is out of character for someone who are suppose to be "leaders".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join