It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are the Borg (Trek) / Republicans are the Spacing Guild (Dune)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Every time I hear politicians speak this is my first image.

Democrats:

Borg (Star Trek)
en.wikipedia.org...

The Borg are a fictional pseudo-race of cybernetic organisms depicted in the Star Trek universe associated with Star Trek.

Whereas cybernetics are used by other races in the science fiction world (and in recent times the real world) to repair bodily damage and birth defects, the Borg use enforced cybernetic enhancement as a means of achieving what they believe to be perfection.

Seriously everything coming out of their mouth is assimilation and resistance is futile.
They seem to have a maniacal obsession with controlling people and do so through technological means.

The major problem here is that I don't think the Borg have emotions and democrats can't get enough of those.

But overall the lack of individuality and personal freedoms sums up their goal.

A Borg drone explains why Democrats always lose to Republicans

Republicans:

Spacing Guild (Dune)
en.wikipedia.org...

The Spacing Guild is an organization in Frank Herbert's science fiction Dune universe. With its monopoly on interstellar travel and banking, the Guild is a balance of power against the Padishah Emperor and the assembled noble Houses of the Landsraad.[1]

Mutated Guild Navigators use the spice drug melange to successfully navigate "folded space" and safely guide enormous heighliner starships from planet to planet instantaneously. Essentially apolitical, the Guild is primarily concerned with the flow of commerce and preservation of the economy that supports them; though their ability to dictate the terms of and fees for all transport gives them influence in the political arena, they do not pursue political goals beyond their economic ones.[2]

It is noted in Dune (1965) that Houses of the Imperium may contract with the Guild to be removed "to a place of safety outside the System;" in the past some Houses in danger of ruin or defeat have "become renegade Houses, taking family atomics and shields and fleeing beyond the Imperium."[2] The Guild controls a "sanctuary planet" (or planets) known as Tupile intended for such "defeated Houses of the Imperium ... Location(s) known only to the Guild and maintained inviolate under the Guild Peace."[3]

The borg where obsessed with controlling people while the Space Guild is obsessed with controlling commerce.

And since all the Borgs out there think the Tea Party is a bunch of religious racist wackos.
Tea Party:

Fremen
en.wikipedia.org...

The Fremen (pronounced /ˈfrɛmən/) are a group of people in the fictional Dune universe created by Frank Herbert. First appearing in the 1965 novel Dune, the Fremen inhabit the desert planet Arrakis and are based on the desert-dwelling Bedouin and Kalahari Bushmen.[1] In Herbert's novels, Arrakis (also known as Dune) is the sole known source of the all-important spice melange in the universe.[2]

The Fremen come to the planet thousands of years before the events of the novel Dune as the Zensunni
Wanderers, a religious sect in retreat. As humans in extremis, over time they adapt their culture and way of life to survive and thrive in the incredibly harsh conditions of Arrakis.[2]

The Fremen are distinguished by their fierce fighting abilities and adeptness at survival in these conditions.[2] With water such a rare commodity on the planet, their culture revolves around its preservation and conservation.[2]

Defeated by the Fremen

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

I love this! I think you are on to something here.

I have often thought that Democrat and Republican is simply both hemispheres of thought in the human brain working things out here in reality.

They are literally the logical left and intuitive right brain paradigms working not in unison so much as against each other.

We keep becoming off balance and then re balanced rather than getting anything right the first time.

And when we go with one against the other every four years, it certainly does seem like we are operating on only half a brain.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Actually the Republicans are the Borg -- Republicans are very authoritarian they like to be led and they like simple thoughts en.wikipedia.org...

-- the Democrats are more like a herd of cats
en.wiktionary.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I always kind of think of the republicans more like the Ferengi...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom

I always kind of think of the republicans more like the Ferengi...

Omg I had no idea what that was, but it turned out amazing!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Actually the Republicans are the Borg -- Republicans are very authoritarian they like to be led and they like simple thoughts en.wikipedia.org...

-- the Democrats are more like a herd of cats
en.wiktionary.org...

Totally disagree. Democrats seem to want to form a hive mind with no room for individual freedom of expression (unless there is a law allowing it - see NY city, San Fran, Washington State. . .)

Cats are impossible to organize -----> very much not democrats

Cute, but not democrats.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
liberals are zombies, mindlessly droning slogans and lumbering in intellectual lockstep.

or you can say liberals are vampires, sucking the lifeblood out of their hosts (businesses).

new topics

top topics

join