It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trader on BBC "Goldman Sachs" Runs the world.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

Are we talking about the "Yes men" guy in the Bhopal video and the trader being the same? Because I would have to say they definitely aint the same.

I'm thinking this is a small time trader given an opportunity on MSM and has taken that opportunity to make a name for himself. The guy has been trending on twitter all day. Just think of all the new followers out there waiting to hear what he recommends they do with their money. I have to hand it to him, whatever his intentions he's made a name for himself and got a few people scarred about the upcoming financial crisis, which they should be. People are bored of hearing the sugar coated truth from the MSM.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

From what I have read the Yesmen deny he is one of them.. putting out a statement to that effect..
However I have not been able to get to the site to confirm what they said.
www.yeslab.org...

I err on the side that another game is being played here.. but one that is not a prank.. I freely admit I could be wrong. I guess we shall see soon enough..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Weather this man a fake or not you got to admit what he says sounds close to the truth.
The big boys really dont care about us and if our savings get wiped out in 12 months like it did in 1930s germany
what are the chances of history repeating.
That didt really turn out too well for the ordinary people.

This is a great point.

People keep touting and believing the rich will be at par with everyone else, if the economy crashes, but it is quite the opposite. The rich will always have their physical investments and more.

The ordinary Joe's are the ones that will take the ultimate beating, in a complete collapse.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm not disputing some of the things he said

but why the hell does he remind me of some "professional speaker" selling some bullcrap seminar

Meh..whatever

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Found this, thought it might be relevant.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hi, I am basically a lurker. Coming to ATS really help me to understand some the possible reasons for the original posting, which read sensationally initially but with the reply from those who are more experience, help me to understand that there many possible reason...like the way trader this put out his views.

I do wonder if he is genuine, will we hear new story that he was found dead somewhere in the future? If he is not, the propaganda machine is turning extra hard to create panic to the masses.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76
but why the hell does he remind me of some "professional speaker" selling some bullcrap seminar

Because he is? His own website says he is, although it would appear that everyone and their dog is now trying to look at it, making it unavailable.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.leadingtrader.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is a tad off-topic, but for all you traders on here, today might be a good day to establish short positions. The technicals are becoming a bit overbought, at least in the near term during this latest "rally". We could take out the 1101 lows on the next drop.

I watch this guy's videos, he gives great technical analysis and called the late July - August & last week's drop before they happened based on technicals:

Take what I say with a grain of salt, but just wanted to share what I know with you all

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Not sure why everyone is rushing to his site.

It's all pretty basic and logical if you ask me, if things collapse what are the essentials that everyone will need for the interim.

Food
Clean Water
Shelter
Basic Medical Care

Take those areas/markets, and that is what will do the best after a collapse. Everything else is just a luxury.

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by rbnhd76

Because he is? His own website says he is, although it would appear that everyone and their dog is now trying to look at it, making it unavailable.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.leadingtrader.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yeah, he's not the Yes Man. I did a side-by-side (which I'd upload, but uploads not working, pics at the link)

metabunk.org...

He's just some day-trader mouthing off.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here's my prediction and my opinion. No source to back it up so don't ask.

Investing in anything right now hoping for a financial return is a complete waste of time and effort. Money will most likely be gone, except as an amusing anecdote in museums and board-games, in about 12 months from now.

All the manic precious metal and other commodities buying, is on the most part, just rich men trying to stay rich. Forget about it.

When money has finally given up its last breath, there will be no more rich men or poor men. Just a lot of people who need to grow up and start sharing the Earth's resources equally and fairly.

Watching the death throes of the monetary system is something I've been doing since a year before the last crash (when a friend and I shorted 100 contracts on the DJIA at around 14,000, predicting a fall to 8,000 whilst most others were calling us crazy). We also bought gold on 2% margin at $600 and oil at $60 just before it lifted off to $140.

4 days ago I got the impulse that gold and the markets were about to take a dive. I'd emptied out my trading account a while ago and in the 3 days it took me to get money into the account to cover a sell order at $1815, the price had fallen to $1600 and then on to $1530.

Any trading I do now is either to make a really really quick lump sum to invest in some philanthropic project or just for fun, like playing a board game.

I predict anyone investing either long or short for a long term payoff is going to be as disappointed as my big brother who still hasn't pulled his pensions out despite me yelling at him to do it for several years now (he's already lost all the profits as well as a portion of what he paid in)

Like one poster said, invest in water storage and purification, a vegetable garden, electicity creation and if you live in the USA, some more guns!

If you live in a city, invest in some small rural plot that you can erect a shack on with a well and make it as self sustainable as possible.

One other option, my favorite, is to invest in creating a community around you. The stronger your community, especially if rural, the more chance you are going to survive the interim period between the end of money and the beginning of something far far better.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
He is telling you to use hedging strategies.
so dont! gold or better diomonds.
some think funny with gold?
will not find out for 5 or 10 years.

what would happen if it got out
that there is a way to make gold!
and that we can all do it.
if THEY are ready. they will have
there money in ever thing else but gold.

those left with gold? have Lead!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Do you still swing trade? I've stopped investing per say, but still swing trade. I.e. I just opened up a short position through the VIX.

I mean, if you think about it, if the monetary system is gone in a year, why the heck not? It's sort of akin to playing Monopoly.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
food & water > gold

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

put them on the wall and ......
they play with the lives of millions of people ..... and they just do not care a penny .....
they have to be put in jail for 20 years .... so they can not play with our lifes any longer !!!
greed greed greed greed

go to hell you traders of the lost world !!!!
we want another world where peace and benefit for ALL is the first rule !!!
you just play with our lives, just for your own benefit !! shame on you, bas****ds !!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'll put my money on Lindsey Williams and what he has said months ago, that the Eurozone will fail and when that happens we in the US will have 2-3 weeks to get out of paper assets, he hasn't been wrong yet.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Telegraph seem to have him sussed out

Mr Rastani was a little more forthcoming.
"They approached me," he told The Telegraph. "I'm an attention seeker. That is the main reason I speak. That is the reason I agreed to go on the BBC. Trading is a like a hobby. It is not a business. I am a talker. I talk a lot. I love the whole idea of public speaking."

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Buy low sell high, that's how. Pretty much, that's it.

You must observe the patterns of purchases of those around you that have won before in situations like this.

And there's also a chance money won't matter in the end, because if it falls too much, then the only form of currency is bullets.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Her's the trader and the Yes Man. Not the same person

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Europe is doomed.

But America ain't escaping this...sooner or later the "cancer" will spread over there aswell - and people know its gonna be worse than Europe.

all this sh********t started with subprimes in USA man !!!!
now we have banks here in Europe that are in trouble because yes still subprime crisis !!!!!
everything started in USA !!!!
but someone did write a book now about capitalist crisis not being controlled :
www.dailymotion.com...
french but intellectual like always ....................
capitalism is killing our human society, forget about humanism, they kill our history, our lives, our behaviour .... just greed greed greed and big big profits for the richest !!! have a good sleep and dreaming before despair !!
edit on 27-9-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join