It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's been 10 years since the 9/11 attacks, and I'm still as confused on the answers as I was 10 ye

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I must admit, I want to believe there is no conspiracy going on, but with all of the circular evidence on both sides, I'm in a never ending conundrum of speculation and disinformation. The problem is that both the official story, as well as the "truth" story, have holes and inconsistencies in them the size of Texas, and both sides bring in "supposed" experts, most of whom end up getting discredited in one way or another.

I think a long video composed by a neutral third party with no agenda discussing all of the main arguments by both sides and simply presenting the evidence and contradictions to the evidence of both sides would be helpful. Is there such a video that exists?? Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do hours and hours of research myself, but fortunately, I am smart enough to see conflicts of interest from those presenting evidence when they slap me in the face.

I know both sides like to throw around a bunch of straw man arguments on here without explaining them or citing to CREDIBLE sources, but please, someone point me to ONE credible source that pokes holes in both stories, if you will, and asks the reader/viewer to draw their own conclusions without shoving agenda-oriented conclusions down their throats.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's been 10 years and the Pentagon still haven't released the 80+ video tapes from the cameras that filmed the drone/plane/missile hit the Pentagon.

And of course the damn MSM won't do it's freaking job and ask the real hard questions.

You Only Believe the Official 9/11 Story Because You Don't Know the Official 9/11 Story

Should get you started.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
they blew it up fo show that was mean

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I've stated this same fact on numerous websites, if they released all the footage that they have, if a plane hit the Pentagon one of the cameras would have seen it. The fact they wont release it just adds fuel to the fire (forgive the pun) although they've had the footage that long now, I probably still wouldn't believe them, as ten years is a long time to add cgi etc

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

I think a long video composed by a neutral third party with no agenda discussing all of the main arguments by both sides and simply presenting the evidence and contradictions to the evidence of both sides would be helpful. Is there such a video that exists??

No expert will be considered neutral so I'd get past that. Anyways, yes, there is one, maybe a few now, architects and engineers for 911 truth. They stick to the facts that don't fit with the official version backed up by science, and no, these aren't basement dwelling teenagers, they are the exact experts who have the skill and knowledge to poke holes in the story.

If you are having a hard time, go to their site and watch some of their videos and read their articles. The main key is inconsistency in the official story and the physics dealing with that. They do not attempt to explain the attack or who did it, merely the fact that the official story can't be 100% accurate.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Go to the 9/11 forum and read the blueprint for truth thread by TupacShakur. If you can't make your mind up after that then you may have a problem.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26/9/2011 by BigBruddah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It's been 10 years since the 9/11 attacks, and I'm still as confused on the answers as I was...

This just means those responsible have done an extraordinary job of muddying the waters. There is no neutral party. Everyone has an opinion and their own "facts". Use your gut along with your research. That's what it's there for.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The most important FACT concerning the 9/11/01 attacks is that:

A FULL and OPEN Investigation of the event has never been done.

The 9/11 commission members have publicly stated that they were NOT supplied ALL of the evidence they had requested and the report issued was based only on the evidence supplied. They have went on to say that a complete investigation was not accomplished.

I could not care less where someone comes down on the issue of 9/11, truther or OS’er does not matter, what matters is a REAL investigation using REAL investigation techniques, following the evidence to where ever it leads

HAS NEVER BEEN DONE !!!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is real simple. A group of Islamic terrorists, ordered by Osama Bin Laden, hijacked several airliners and rammed them into the twin towers, the pentagon, and into a field in southern pa.

Around 3,000 people lost their lives because of this.

Every conspiracy theory out there, is just that. A theory with absolutely no justification to it.

I really loved the Penn and Teller BS show that was linked in another thread, that pretty much sums it up.

I've worked in State Government, and trust me, there isn't a single agency on this planet that could even THINK of doing something like that covertly, they just don't exist.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
reply to post by Vitchilo

I've stated this same fact on numerous websites, if they released all the footage that they have, if a plane hit the Pentagon one of the cameras would have seen it. The fact they wont release it just adds fuel to the fire (forgive the pun) although they've had the footage that long now, I probably still wouldn't believe them, as ten years is a long time to add cgi etc

My Niece PERSONALLY watched the AA flight fly into the Pentagon. She was giving a presentation to USAToday, and watched the plane hit.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Two quotes that may help you.

"Burning jet fuel can melt steel, only on 11 sept. of 2001... look. its raing donuts."

in regards of conspiracy theories "Don't believe any of this, it is all true"

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
This is real simple. A group of Islamic terrorists, ordered by Osama Bin Laden, hijacked several airliners and rammed them into the twin towers, the pentagon, and into a field in southern pa.

Every conspiracy theory out there, is just that. A theory with absolutely no justification to it.

I really loved the Penn and Teller BS show that was linked in another thread, that pretty much sums it up.

I've worked in State Government, and trust me, there isn't a single agency on this planet that could even THINK of doing something like that covertly, they just don't exist.

True. That's why the people who carried out the controlled demolition of the three buildings and guided remote-controlled planes into the North & South Towers and the Pentagon were not part of an official government agency, so that's your straw man argument demolished. They were members of a cabal within the so-called "shadow government". Ask Ollie North who belongs to this secret arm of government. He knows.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Use your first impression, your gut and follow the money.

The first impression they wanted you to have was to see the pictures of the terrorists. I don't buy it. On the other hand my gut tells me the government could not pull something like this off. I think there was a third entity here that nobody seems to ever talk about. Follow the money.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

You also have to account for compartmentalization, plausible deniability, outside contracting, and a whole host of other methods to obfuscate a grand goal from the tiny players that may have been involved with it on some level.

It's kind of like a production line, each person tends to know little to nothing about the entire process for the end product and only focuses on their tiny little bit, and they can easily be lied to or misled about what their tiny bit is actually being used for. Couple that with possibly bringing in outside labor on top of this, and it's quite easy to see how a small group in the right spots could orchestrate something on a massive scale.

I can personally go either way on 9/11, but I am very dissatisfied with a good bit of support I've seen for the official story thus far - as is the majority of those on the 9/11 Commisssion at this point - and the guilty demeanors exercised by Bush, Cheney, and various federal agencies does not help their case.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Every big event in the world is going to have a conspiracy theory connected to it. And every big event is going to have unanswered questions.

You can make a conspiracy out of any event in life.
Have you ever seen one of those videos of a car catching fire at the gas pumps?

Well TPTB wanted the car to burn because it contained stolen secret documents. So they posed as maintenance workers and rigged the pump to generate a spark while he was pumping gas. Since the pumps were damaged in the ensuing fire the workers replaced them and disposing of the evidence.
Get the point?

You have to ask yourself a few simple questions.
How many layers of people are between the instigators and those who have the ability to carry it out.
Meaning no one expects Dick Cheney to be crawling in the belly of a 757 to rig this supposed remote control in 4 planes. He would have to ask someone who knows where to find these people. That starts a trail. In the end you wind up with a large number of people who know. How do you keep all those people quiet? More conspiracies.
Then ask yourself What did the big guys get out of it?
Dick just wrote a book, does it seem like he received billions of dollars from his part in 911?
Is Bush riding around in a golden airplane?

The OS hasn’t really changed over the years.
But there is a new conspiracy theory every other day.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I would recommend looking at the lack of funding as well as the obstruction of justice when the 911 Commission attempted to obtain Real answers.

When they attempted to obtain Norad records and tapes, they were simply stonewalled.

And less we forget that more funds were actually allocated to the investigation pertaining to Bill Clinton's relations with Monica Lewinsky than were allocated to the 911 Commission.

We tend to focus too much on only one side of the story here....but I guess that that is the point of discrediting a group or organization whom challenges the cover story.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
One of the questions I have not been able to resolve in my mind is the lack of video footage. I believe someone mentioned this earlier. My natural instincts tell me that there had to have been some of this caught on surveillance, yet apparently no surveillance tapes have surfaced. How have the "official story" supporters addressed this issue? Have there been any significant surveillance tapes that have surfaced? If not, why not? If there has been some kind of national security privilege anointed on this information by the government as a significant reason for not producing such tapes, I have to call shenanigans on that.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by matadoor

True. That's why the people who carried out the controlled demolition of the three buildings and guided remote-controlled planes into the North & South Towers and the Pentagon were not part of an official government agency, so that's your straw man argument demolished. They were members of a cabal within the so-called "shadow government". Ask Ollie North who belongs to this secret arm of government. He knows.

Seriously, the "controlled demolition". Do you have any idea how long it would take to place explosives in the quantity that you are suggesting, into buildings this large? MONTHS.

So, here we have, workers who are removing walls in people's offices, for months at a time, placing high explosives onto the support beams, and yet no one remembers this happening, nor are there any reports of major construction taking place before hand.

Or, are you suggesting that the high explosives were placed there as the building was constructed? Like, the designers decided that they may need (some day) to "self destruct" the building? Just in case? Like on Star Trek. "Destruct sequence one, code one, one A"....

It's actually humorous to read these statements, you people have no idea what kind of effort it would take to place and set off that many explosives.

It was planes, with people in them. In fact, my wife sold a dog to the Captain of the flight that hit the first tower, many years ago. And guess what? Yeah, he is in fact DEAD. He died when his throat was slashed when the terrorists took over the planes.

Grow up people.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Talk about circular logic! You're supporting the idea of the buildings being destroyed by a "controlled demolitioons" conspiracy, which doesn't have even a microbe of tangible proof to back the claim up, on the basis that the world is being controlled by "a shadow government cabal" despite there being no evidence for that, either. You need to know you're not proving a single thing. All you're doing is restating the original assertion in different terms in an attempt to justify itself. X did something to hide Y, and Y was set up to hide X. This is a logical fallacy.

This is as equally flawed as the Bible thumpers claiming "It says right in the Bible that everything the Bible says is true, therefore everything in the Bible is true". You have to WANT such things to be true first, for you to accept them as being true.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Talk about circular logic! You're supporting the idea of the buildings being destroyed by a "controlled demolitioons" conspiracy, which doesn't have even a microbe of tangible proof to back the claim up, on the basis that the world is being controlled by "a shadow government cabal" despite there being no evidence for that, either. You need to know you're not proving a single thing. All you're doing is restating the original assertion in different terms in an attempt to justify itself. X did something to hide Y, and Y was set up to hide X. This is a logical fallacy.
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Being a crazed, paranoid and delusional "truther", with no basis at all for being critcal of the " terrorist activity", I'm inclined not to believe you or the official story. DiD you hear bout elenin?
edit on 26-9-2011 by cointelprotroll because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join