It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile Defense? Where is the Bang for our Bucks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Can't even track a falling satellite!

The USA has spent trillions on military defense.

OK military, show us the money?

We have missile defense networks all over, especially Alaska; yet the government cannot track a falling satellite?

So how are they going to track an incoming ICBM or smaller missile?

If the USA has really spent all this money on missile defense, where is the BANG FOR THE BUCK?

Did Donald Rumsfeld misplace all this money too?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
yes they should've been all over it like a al bundy over big uns..

espically with the amount of money spent on the latest tech in the u.s of a

but if a missle were to come in and we couldn't detect it and it hit ... they wil do what they always do...

look for excuses and promote the people who failed us as it seems to be the protocol for failure in the united states.

then you will have the os propagandists come in and tell us the men in the caves tampered with the electronics , and it can all easily be explained regardless of the failure.

you see nobody needs to be accountable anymore , truth doesnt matter , security is for the elite .

were the pawns

whatever happens to us , is just the luck of the draw .

better to protect your self and deal with it the best way you can .

the trillion dollar defence is nothing more then smoke and mirrors for whatever the real projects the money was used for

sad but hey we allow these criminals to stay in power

our broken systems is a result of our own ignorance

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by consciousgod
www.foxnews.com...

Can't even track a falling satellite!

The USA has spent trillions on military defense.

OK military, show us the money?

We have missile defense networks all over, especially Alaska; yet the government cannot track a falling satellite?

So how are they going to track an incoming ICBM or smaller missile?

If the USA has really spent all this money on missile defense, where is the BANG FOR THE BUCK?

Did Donald Rumsfeld misplace all this money too?

Here is a sterling example of someone that believes and disbelieves all of the wrong things.
'Sorry, to one and all, but I can't take this thread serioiusly.

It is on a par with those that screams, "Did you notice that the Sun didn't come up in its usual place today?"

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

How is this not a serious question? I think it is a great question to ask.

As for how the missle defence system works, from my understanding, it is dependant on spotting the launch plume. Once they can identify the launched missle, they can maintain tracking after it goes balistic. In the case of this satellite, there was never a launch plume. They also cannot politically justify launching ABM defence against a piece of space junk.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think a piece of space junk that will kill people if it lands on them warrants the object being shot down over the ocean even if it costs $20 million unless they already know where it is going to land and it is not a threat.

Missile defense doesn't need a launch plume to establish where the missile is coming from when they already know where it is located.

Isn't government supposed to protect us. Isn't that why I have to wear my seatbelt?

Why pay for defense from objects from space when it obviously doesn't work?

new topics

top topics

join