It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange White Orb spotted and filmed in Sweden (good quality)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Beamish

Depends on the design of the keel I suppose.

Or maybe there was something weighing the line down enough to pass under the keel.

I have little to no knowledge of keel design, just that they stick downwards by a good amount.

So this theoretical weight would have had to pull the line down just the right amount, which suggests a practice run before hand. That's an awful lot of work for such a short clip.

Edit to add: found this
website, that explains towed sensors from ships.

Scroll down about a quarter page, and there's a drawing that could explain this video, if there was another larger ship some way off.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Beamish because: added info

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I've read about this method for shark hunting, like in the movie 'Jaws', a buoy is attached to the fish to tire it. It looks like it's being towed from underneath.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
that bouy doesnt look like it's being towed from above the water - anyone can see it dipping under the water, meaning it's being pulled along from under the water - id go with big fish/shark,wale with a bouy atatched to it somehow... above poster sounds about right. For sure it's not being towed by a boat though

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm in on the big fish theory. Looks to me like its going in a straight line at first then slows down, I don't know much about subs but i guess they don't get tired

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

What the?...looked like Wilson the soccer ball chasing them?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I was discussed in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Pretty-cool. But what I have read over the years is, USOs make no wake cruising into, out-of or through the water. But I must admit, sure seems to me that white bulb was cruising with a mind all it's own, wake and all!!

Decoy

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have seen some ridiculous post here in this forum. For what reason this was posted, I have no idea.

This is my only response. I'm sorry in advance, but it's the first thing that came to mind.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
give the OP a break he posted a legit video which is to me still unexplained unless we get a translation from what the people on the boat actually seen then we can not say for certain that the "bouy" is being pulled by another boat or from a underwater sub/fish so give the guy a break instead of your smartass you tube video response .
This thread got one flag i have seen countless unclear footage which is way more dumber than this get a huge amount of stars/flags and its just a fuzzy clip of a lantern or worse a street light so lets deny ignorance and not just be ignorance .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join