It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dream within a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
has anyone ever had these dreams. usually in my dream i'm really really sleepy and tired and then go to sleep in my dream...once i doze off i start having another dream. I can't figure them out or what they may mean.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by enrage]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Once in a while when my alarm clock goes off in the morning I let it buzz and then I start dreaming that I am getting up, brushing my teeth, getting dressed and ready for the day. Then I finally wake up and get really irritated because I'm still in bed and I'm late for work.
I'm usually dreaming of something else when this happens and then when the alarm goes off I hear it and then dream I wake up. Weird.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Once I had been having a dream, can't remember what about, then eventually woke up.
As a was looking around in the partial light I noticed the door was ajar, when it should have been shut, then I had the feeling of a presence in the room and I tried to say something and then I suddenly woke up(??!!?).
I think I got up and went to the bathroom and then everying flashed again and I woke up(?!). This time I was really awake though.. Most odd. Never had anything like that before or since that I can remember.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I just had one this morning and it sucked. I had to get up early to do the dishes from last night and I dreamt that I was sleeping and dreaming about something and then my alarm went off and I got up and did the dishes, but then I woke up and realized the dishes were still dirty. Meh...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Soz man I cant say I have, It only lately I have been able to remember my dreams, before they were just remembered now and then, now its almost daily.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yes, I have experienced a dream in a dream time to time.
Here's the latest. I'm not going in to details, but:

I had a really scary nightmare. At some point during dreaming I realized
it was all about a dream, so I woke up as a 10-13 years old kid in my old
room at my parents house and didn't realize it was a dream as well. It was
very disturbing, because as far as I can tell, I lived a whole day as
being the child I was in the late 80's or early 90's.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have had this type

Yeah its wierd as you think you are awake but you are still dreaming

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This happened to me TWICE last night. I dreamed I went to sleep and started dreaming, which is bizarre enough, but then that dream became a LUCID one! I remembered a post in this forum a few days ago about stopping time in a dream, and tried that. Didn't quite work, I just slowed it down a bit - people were walking around in slow motion. Quite funny actually. Eventually I woke up, still dreaming, then went back to "sleep" and did it again. Weird.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
As far as I can remember I've only experienced this once. It was a long time ago but I still remember it because it was so odd.

I was having one of those reality based dreams, meaning a dream where nothing noticably weird happens and then woke up from that dream to find myself in my dorm room but something seemed odd, i couldn't put my finger on it and then all of a sudden I woke up from that and realised I was only dreaming about waking up from my dream, it really screwed me up for a couple of days and I remember spending a lot of time contemplating reality.

It was a very odd experience.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Several times when my dreams have gone lucid for longer than several minutes, it's as if my brain doesn't want me to know that I'm dreaming. What happens is I will either wake up from the lucid dream, or I will 'wake up' from it. In other words, I won't know I'm dreaming any more because I think that I've just woken up - when in reality I'm still dreaming. The strange thing is when I do this 'waking up', the environment is exactly the same as it is when I really do end up waking up that morning - which just makes it that much more convincing.

But yes, I have dreams in dreams all the time. They can get confusing.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I had such experience, I was sleeping in my dreams, and was dreaming of something. Then woke up in my dreams... interesting, no comment. :-DDD

new topics

top topics

join