It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Flare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Anyone watching the sun today it is going wild. An X and 5 M's all in one day and the day isn't over yet.

www.n3kl.org...

stereo.ssl.berkeley.edu...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

Yes, I have be watching it. The X flare just skimmed us. There was a x flare a couple of days ago. That will be hitting your Sunday.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Does anyone know when this unstable region they are talking about will be in a position to throw things directly at us? It's looked disturbing as it's turned. That could make for an interesting week.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
what is new??? Solar maximum is coming up .... I would have been worried if the sun didn't show any activity at all

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Its an X class cme glancing off the shield or worse, and its a huge storm outside the door, its so hot in here, but when i open the door im being blasted by these cold storming winds.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The report shows one direct hit, the video shows it clearly as well in the form of a halo ejection!...

Burn Baby Burn!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Each time a solar flare erupts, Planet Earth gets rocked plus or minus within 3 days.

Today's solar flare was intense. May those tectonic plates hold up. The weaker ones so far were in NZ, Chile, Tokyo, California, US east coast, Sumatra. Let's pray that even if quakes happen, no lives be lost or injured.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Each time a solar flare erupts, Planet Earth gets rocked plus or minus within 3 days.

I told my brother the same thing yesterday. And also mentioned to watch out for sudden changes in spousal unit behavior, mostly for the worse.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have been out watching the sun with my PST, quite a bit of action.
Just a shame about my neighbours trees otherwise I'd still be out there.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Lies.

Lies?

Even after you yourself had done a simple data chart that shows a 28% correlation between Solar flares and EQ activity? Your chart was basic anyway, and do not take into consideration the stresses faced daily by tectonic plates. Should the plates be stable, even a major x class flare will do no harm. But if at that period of time when a M class hits and that plate is stresses, all hell will literally break loose.

I understand fully your ego and desire, just like many others, the desire to be right, even at any costs to the extend of denying truths. I wish you were right too, and want you to be right, so that our planet be spared of further rock and roll, with a sun acting up very much and mankind stressed with EQ preparedness and its aftermath, both physically and emotionally.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Each time a solar flare erupts, Planet Earth gets rocked plus or minus within 3 days

Should the plates be stable, even a major x class flare will do no harm

So which is it?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

If it was that easy to predict EQ by solar flares, why hasn't it made official yet?
Another conspiracy?

Weaker? More active and unstable maybe.

People die everyday.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I was just off looking at the animation for how Earth and other planets are predicted to be hit by the CME's tommorow and noticed something. Earth is certainly on the fair side of the 'wave' projecting outward so effect here might be interesting but nothing severe....however there is something else.

The Spitzer Space Telescope is as close to dead center in the middle of the CME blast as it gets, by watching it. Does this have instruments to give everyone a good view of what this might have felt like if Earth HAD been right in the bulls eye this time?

Animation

( Sorry...I can't seem to find a way to embed this to see, but this is quite a view of what is headed out. Is there a way these can still be posted in a view-able way? Size filters in the media section killed it on the spot. )

edit on 25-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

join