It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights in sky on 9/23/11 - it was not UARS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I ran across this and think its interesting to note that NASA supposedly had launched high altitude weather balloons yesterday, on the same day as the UARS was supposed to be crashing down to earth.
here is an article with a picture of what it looked like:

www.srh.noaa.gov...

here is an article in one of the papers, but the balloon in the pictured here was not the same as the previous one in the nasa photo. It could be a stock photo I suppose.

here is an article from NASA itself on these balloons.
www.csbf.nasa.gov...

so I suppose it was safe to assume that maybe it was a weather balloon, but the original picture does not match what was seen as in this article as well:
kfyo.com...

It is also interesting to note that there was a strange smell of chemical and smoke observed, kind of like wet cardboard or something similiar and it there was a strange haze throughout the permian basin on that day as well, but I tried to find news about a fire, but didn't find anything.
here is the link to that, but the article has since been removed
www.kwes.com...

I thought this was all strange considering all of the things that are going on this week, and thought I would share and hopefully gain some insight into this. Most likely it was a weather balloon, but so was the UFO crash at Roswell
Nevertheless, I thought it was interesting and sometimes, like the old saying goes, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Thanks, and peace be with you.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

Note - there were also small earthquakes felt in Snyder about 2 weeks ago. Most likely it is unrelated, but still interesting maybe relevant to add.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The pictures are the same
?

edit on 24-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

look at the picture the NASA link, and the picture of the news article link. They are different.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Alright, I am going back to look at them now..

Oh, I accidentally clicked the first link twice
haha sorry!

new topics

top topics

join