It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 9/27 Derby: Place Your Bets!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Bettin' 30 AT$ on #1. Go nuts gentlemen

Cool thread. S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I feel like i am at the Santa Anita race track betting for the Kentucky Derby or the Preakness...Whatever it is I say it will be a long shot....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ohhh, I wanna play!

416 -- # 3
200 -- # 12

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
(MODS, I hope this Forum is an appropriate choice. Please feel free to move.)

Hello ATSers!

I admit to having a weakness for playing the ponies, much as I have a weakness for a juicy conspiracy.

So, for grins and giggles I wanted to have a bit of fun by combining these two vices. All the talk about this coming weekend seemed like the ideal chance.

Therefore, I give you the September 27th ATS Derby!

Here are the rules…

1 – Wagering will done in units of AT$. You can wager up to as many AT$’s equal to the number of posts you’ve made on ATS. (That would be 697 x AT$ for myself as of right now.)

2 – You can spread your bet over multiple horses.

3 – Results will be determined as of 11:59pm CST on Tuesday, September 27th and posted the next day along with payouts.

4 – Final odds/payoff will be determined using pari-mutuel betting calculations. (The more people bet on one horse, the further the odds/payoff declines and visa-versa.) I’ll post updated real-time odds occasionally.

5 – Please note that if you pick a pony representing the end of the world and you are correct that there will likely be a substantial delay in posting the results.

So, let’s see who’s willing to step up and put their reputation on the line.

Now, the ponies have begun their promenade. Look them over and make your pick(s), if you are brave enough.

I’ve taken the liberty of posting the Morning Line (ML) odds right next to the horse’s name as well as a short summary of how this pony plans to run.

Ready?????

#1: Bankersgonewild (ML 12:1)…This pony is going to come across the finish line first if this weekend TSHTF in the global markets and chaos ensues across the world.

#2: FalseflagPhil (ML 15:1)…This horse will win if a major terrorist attack takes place in a major city before midnight on Tuesday.

#3: Nuttintoseehere (ML 1:1)…A strong favorite. This horse is for those who believe come Wednesday morning the birds will be chirping, the sun will rise in the east and things will seem, well, pretty darn normal.

#4: Martiallaw (ML 25:1)…Will Obama et al determine that the wool cannot be pulled over the eyes of the masses any longer and military control over the US is implemented? If that’s your belief, this is your pony.

#5: Cometatyou (ML 60:1)…Think a major space event will occur either wiping out a large section of the globe, or at the very least bringing all sorts of problems with infrastructure/communications? That’s what the #5 is all about!

#6: Nuketilluglow (ML 60:1)…WW III is always a possibility in this modern world. Is this the weekend for it? Place some AT$’s here if that’s what you believe.

#7: Coupcoupcachoo (ML 30:1)…(Sorry Mr. Lennon.) The Military/Industrial/Security complex has decided they need to step in and take control. So long Obama, so long Congress and so long SCOTUS. You’re outta here!

#8: Euroloser (ML 10:1)…Could the EU collapse under the weight of all this debt and all the bailouts? We’ve all read the news stories. This pony could pull it out in the stretch run.

#9: Jesusurreal (ML 20:1)…Second coming folks. Trumpet blasts seemingly coming from nowhere, clouds parting, and the most unbelievable sight you’ll ever see.

#10: Newmadridsameastheoldmadrid (ML 20:1)…Not the “harps” you’d hear if the #9 comes in first. The other kind of HAARP. The kind that gets the New Madrid doing the big-time shimmy.

#11: MajorTom2GroundControl (ML 50:1)…Think the timing of the UARS falling back to earth is a bit too coincidental? Perhaps there is more to this then meets the eye? This pony should see some action.

#12: Tobedetermined (ML 15:1)…Think something is up with this weekend, but you don’t feel any of the other horses is going to win? There is always the unknown. The scenario not brought up. Try this pony then.

Allow me to get the ball rolling. With my 697 AT$ I’m going with:

350 AT$ on the #3 Nuttintoseehere
247 AT$ on the #1 Bankersgonewild
100 AT$ on the #10 Newmadridsameastheoldmadrid

So? Any takers?

edit on 23-9-2011 by Hessling because: Punctuation

edit on 23-9-2011 by Hessling because: Clarification

#8 i think.
but how do i bet when i have no posts? OH MY GODS! A NEW CONSPIRACY!
LOL, but no thats the 1 i bet my 0 posts on...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

That is just one interpretation of what WW3 is.

It certainly is not the consensus.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
im gonna have to get in on this
lol just checking my postt count now
so a 1000 to spend
weel put me down for 500 on nuthing to se here[his mother is a mutter] and 500 on comet at you
at least ill brake even if nothing happens lol
thanks for this awesome thread lol

edit on 24-9-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
800 AT$ on Jesusurreal to come in second

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
#9 is only 20:1??? Thats by far the most wild theory... but whatev, better chances for me! Here are mine:

1000 AT$ - #2
500 AT$- #1
363 AT$ - #10
200 AT$- #5

I would put all my money on the 'nothings gonna happen' one, but a 1:1 payoff? pleeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
800 AT$ on Jesusurreal to come in second
lol good one
hahah

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This is very interesting. Since I am a very poor person I'd go with:

3AT$ on #3: nuttintoseehere

Although I'm actually wishing one of the others might occur! However, I think I would go with the most sensible and reasonable one CURRENTLY

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
this is goin down in 19 hours and im on it yay

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Lolz at the names, Nuketilluglow is my favourite

Anyways, back to business:
(hashkey doesn't work)
300AT$ On 1-Bankersgonewild

200AT$ On 2-Falseflagphil

300AT$ On 3-Nuttintoseehere

300AT$ On 12-Tobedetermined

As much as I wanted to back Nuketilluglow, I feel that pony is still in training and won't be winning for a while yet.

ETA: Just realised I have an extra 34AT$ to play with

34AT$ on #6- Nuketilluglow please.

Found the hash key too.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
AT$ 51 on no:2 falseflagphil
AT$ 51 on no:6 nukeittilluglow

great idea OP, love it!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

400 AT$ on no. 12

There will be 3 days of darkness followed by UFO Disclosure.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
100 AT$ on #3
30 AT$ on #12
Hopefully Nothing Happens
edit on 24-9-2011 by Ashcool007 because: Was trying to see how much AT$ I was Having

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

1000 ATS $ on Euroloser
(Which is number 8 I think)

I used to be a bookmaker..... so you know I'm gonna be wrong

edit on 24/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
My 22 AT$ is on #12: Tobedetermined
Nuttintoseehere not lookin like a good price atm :-)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

#3: Nuttintoseehere (ML 1:1)…A strong favorite. This horse is for those who believe come Wednesday morning the birds will be chirping, the sun will rise in the east and things will seem, well, pretty darn normal.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Hessling because: Punctuation

edit on 23-9-2011 by Hessling because: Clarification

23 at$ on this pony!

dont let me down!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
AT$ 6,000 on Tobedetermined

When that mutant star goat eats the sun, don't say you weren't warned!

(but I'd better cover myself with my remaining AT$ 770 on Nuttingtoseehere, just in case the goat is late!
)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
1000 AT$ on #9.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join