It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch time capsule content

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I just remembered the time capsule's found after the Cristchurch earthquake in february, and that people in here, including me, was curius of, what the content was.

I did a search on the content and found this, did a cearch on ATS and found no one had postet...I think

But here is what they found.

tvnz.co.nz...

Time capsules give up their long-held secrets

No treasures were found when the contents of time capsules discovered in the ruins of buildings and monuments after Christchurch's February earthquake were revealed.

But aside from a plumber's tag - the plumbers probably provided the pipe - the capsule held only newspapers from 1918, 1922 and 1933.

One little thing though, maybe a sign, couldent be a warning since it was found after the quake.

The tin box also delivered memories, including an old photo of Christchurch Cathedral - with a spire. The spire came down when the Cathedral was rocked by the quake and badly damaged

So unfortunately no treasures, or hidden history, but time capsules are still cool

Mods: I had no idea where to put this.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
good stuff.

maybe folks from that area could also drop by and give an update on how things are going down there.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I was wondering what happened to those, when they said an earthquake unearthed it I thought oh holy #, is this that Knowing movie ? There was a time capsule and it was referring to the end of the world.

join