It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should you worry when your jeans go smart?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Is it time to pop your clothes in the microwave before you wear them? It seems that soon, your very movements will be tracked by the clothes that you are wearing, or the goods you have just purchased.

I find this a tad on the unsettling side of life. I still want my private life to remain private.

Thoughts?

Source:

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 23/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Is it time to pop your clothes in the microwave before you wear them? It seems that soon, your very movements will be tracked by the clothes that you are wearing, or the goods you have just purchased.

I find this a tad on the unsettling side of life. I still want my private life to remain private.

Thoughts?

Source:

www.bbc.co.uk...

this is damn right scary
i can understand in expensive 'misplacable' items
but in clothing
it serves no purpose

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Thoughts?

Source:

www.bbc.co.uk...

An idea of what the video is helps.

Or it's .. Nah I dun like someont stealing my Fanta, I do find that unsettling.

hrmm!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

I couldn't agree with you more. In a cashless society, your card will indentify you as the buyer, along with the id code for the item you now have. They now know who you are and where you clothes are.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
And at the end of the day, I don't see this being used at all..

man, you have a mobile phone, etc... crikey, this is just stupid.. and will stay stupid??

"Hey gais, I got frid pants!!!" - "yeah, sod off.."

What are you expecting ? Secret pant police?

:p

lol

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Not really sure that i would want to put my jeans in the microwave as the rivets would start to spark but its not a bad trick for drying your socks.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

reply to post by UniverSoul

I couldn't agree with you more. In a cashless society, your card will indentify you as the buyer, along with the id code for the item you now have. They now know who you are and where you clothes are.

WHAT?

That is alreayd being done man, huh? Are you unaware?

Umm, google things dude.. You can wipe a card and get things paid for, just by being near a device.. I do not like thie at all, but it's real.

You;re about 12 months behind man.... wow

edit on 23/9/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: I typed better with a stylus on a tablet thasn I do irl.. go figure.. lol

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Sure beats watching reality TV though.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
synchronicity at it's finest.

im LITERALLY just on my way to buy some smart jeans for a new job

middle age obscurity, here I come!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

No, I am up with the tech. But we are not in a total cashless society just yet. I still have paper money in my wallet. ATM machines have been around since 1969 or so but people still draw money from a bank.

My passport contains an RFID chip, my ID badge at work ( I work in a secure area) tracks my movements and by being in proximity to the door allows me access depending on my Security Level.

Technology is slightly move advanced than you probably realise. I was focusing on the issue of having your movements tracked by the clothes you wear, not on what tech is out there.
edit on 23/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

edit on 23/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Same as ever

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
yikes
edit on 23/9/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Suppose so lol, but i think even stroking a stray pidgeon would beat watching reality tv.

Im sure i read somewhere that the uk (also now in china) supermarket tesco's already does this but dont hold me to that as my memory is far from photographic.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

You are right about the pidgeon and the Tesco remark.
Some household items do contain RFID chips.
I read somewhere that the future kitchen may be equipt with a smart fridge that monitors the goods you place i there and advise you or automatically order replacement items as they run out or "date expire".

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I remember reading up on these RFID chips last year, they use them in all sorts of crazy stuff.

Like in food packets, to get stats on customers o_O

new topics

top topics

join