It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notice regarding the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Persons Who Commit, Thre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I find this interesting that Obama signed this on Sept 21/11 BUT if you read the attachment it states that this will continue AFTER September 23/11??? Have at it folks!

m.whitehouse.gov...

Mods, please place where needs be.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Jerisa because: where to put it.

edit on 22-9-2011 by Jerisa because: mt

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

and? what is it that you find so interesting about this? what are we supposed to "have at"?

a little guidance as to where your train of thought lies might help.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

I am referring to the fact that Sept 23/11 Obama will be underground, and the hype that is following this date. It just struck me as weird that it is singed on the 21st but "continued" after 23rd...why not 22nd?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

What is your understanding of the meaning of this document? He is extending a measure put into place 10 years ago for another year. It is signed a day before what I would assume is the expiration of the first measure.

Obama is not going underground anywhere, anytime - although I bet he wishes he could.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

It is odd. Bush signed it for ten years, Obama for another year. My question is why only one year more of this? Does he feel he will not be re-elected?

Of course we will never know his motivation until we take it in the teeth from it.

Also noticed the economy is mentioned prominently, but not peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here is the original Act:

www.law.cornell.edu...

Economic in the sense that he may place embargoes on hostile countries or prevent money transfers to known terrorist organizations - after investigations of said hostiles.

As for 1 year, maybe he believes he will solve all the worlds problems by then

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

I am referring to the fact that Sept 23/11 Obama will be underground, and the hype that is following this date. It just struck me as weird that it is singed on the 21st but "continued" after 23rd...why not 22nd?

First, I believe that Obama will be in Denver on the 27th, not the 23rd. But perhaps some of his other visits will have entrances to underground facilities as well. (plus, there is something about the 23rd (tomorrow) that sticks with me as well.

Secondly, it is the 23rd, because it was an executive order that the notice states was originally signed on Sept 23, 2001, making it a legal year to year thing (think dates on a lease.) Are there occult reasons for the choice of that day much like April 19/20 and Sept 11? Probably, but on one level it's a simple as the lease comparison.

top topics

join