It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And first prize kids is ... an AK-47! WTF!! Seriously?!?!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Stubled across this just now and could not believe what I was reading!!

Children as young as 10 were given the chance to win AK-47 semi-automatic assault rifles as part of a Koran-reading and general knowledge quiz in Somalia, it has been revealed.

The second prize-winners also received an AK-47 and £320, while the third prize was two hand grenades and £250.

This is insane, each to their own I say, but when kids are involved somebody has to step up and say NO to these extremist FOOLS!

SOURCE-Read full story here

MODS, didn't know where to put this so feel free to move!
edit on 22/9/2011 by waveydavey because: ETA mods

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Absolutely mind boggling if you ask me, still stunned from reading this.
Has to stop.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
With proper training a ten year old can be proficient and safe with a rifle.

Grenades are another cup of tea, I have no experience with, so I cannot comment.

Anyway if my boy won an AK, I would take it, and make sure he learned properly. Not too shocking?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I don't see what's so shocking about a group of extremists in a country run by extremists (part thereof) trying to brainwash impressionable youngsters with extremism, I'm actually surprised it's taken this long for them to do something like this.

Religion causing more wars than anything else since......fill in your own dates as applicable

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
But a radio contest??
C'mon!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
this is propoganda. this story is run every year.

the story mentions 10year old. ask them to prove this. they cannot prove it.

they show you a picture with a kid carrying a weapon.

its pure propaganda and manipulation of you by the media.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Either way, AK-47's are better currency than gold in Somolia....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Somalia, Arizona ?

Same # is happening in the US with kids being shot in the head at gun shows...
I guess they should be invaded as well right ?

Guns and humans

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

You have a link to provide proof to your story? Never heard about that one. Pulling out a gun with threatening intentions at a US gun show is like pouring a can of gas on yourself to put a fire out.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs

Grenades are another cup of tea, I have no experience with, so I cannot comment.

Anyway if my boy won an AK, I would take it, and make sure he learned properly. Not too shocking?

i hope your joking.. sounds like something that a character on 'my name is earl' would say..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

It's funny how you're so quick to call Somalians extremist, yet you probably have little to no idea why Somalians are armed, or why they are so impoverished to begin with.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

No freaking way....
WHAT THE #? Seriously! Who decided anyone that young is responsible enough for a semi-automatic weapon, much less a freaking grenade!? They can be trained to wield them proficiently and safely for the most part, yes, but JUDGEMENT and DISCRETION are why you don't give them those types of things at that age! How often do you see teens with guns deciding to go shoot each other over the color of their clothes? That's only an example of how the majority of people lack a certain judgement until later in life. It's called maturity.
edit on 22-9-2011 by ShadowMonk because: Added more

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

The same reason as all the fundamentalist nutters, they believe the ramblings of nutters from previous generations, sorry that really is a generalisation, hang on, take that back. Religious zealots of whatever denomination are generally to blame for most of the worlds ills, and most of it can be generally prescribed to playground banter, my gods better than your god syndrome. Ok the western world raped africa many generations passed, but FFS as the cradle of civilisation they could / should have done better.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs

The caption says it all.
edit on 9/22/2011 by Klassified because: Fixed size

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMonk

I'm glad someone agrees!
The fact of the matter is alot of adults cannot be trusted with firearms, children regardless of their age, upbringing, location etc should not have a gun in their hands, SIMPLE!
Kids are naturally curious and do not have fully matured concepts of consiquences to their actions.
Its wrong, plain and simple and nothing anybody says can justify it, so please don't bother trying.
edit on 23/9/2011 by waveydavey because: (no reason given)

top topics

join