It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are Catholic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
and all this time, I thought I was a Cantaloupe.
Or an eggplant.

Movie references aside.

The best I can offer is that there is a good chance that Catholics (converted Romans, and various converted heathens) were instrumental in lifting us out of the so-called Dark ages. But it wasn't pretty.

So I could be Catholic for a day....Which is confession day?, or is that any time?
edit on 21-9-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

Your history is a bit wonky

The dark ages started with the fall of the Roman Empire and the rise of the theocracy based around the Roman Catholic Church

Basically the Roman emperor just changed hats, called himself pope (a childish word for father) and said he was the earthly representative of everybody’s god

The Roman Catholic Church then spent the next 1000+ years brutally imposing this “belief” system on as many people as it could by calling other religions evil and killing those who would not convert to it

I am amused by Christians panicking about a NWO style religion being imposed on them – given that the Christianity was a NWO style religion imposed on everybody by the Roman Empire

edit on 22-9-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

According to the Vatican, the seat of Roman Catholicism, the originator of Catholicism...

you must go through a corporation called the RCIA.......

unless you've already been baptized into another church, in which case you just proceed to take part in the Catholic church's holy eucharist.

Okay. That being said, you should beware the catholic church. The Pope should be enough of an example for
everyone to understand why the catholic church isn't even Christian - how could it be in apostasy if it never was the true church? The true church was slaughtered by the false church since even at the end of Paul's ministry.

The true church of God can never have a mistake in it. Because it is a perfect church. The kingdom of God is perfect. And if men attempt to hijack the names and methods, then the true church moves on and separates from the apostasy and calls the people out of that church, pointing out the errors that have been allowed to infiltrate the church.

The "catholic" church, the universal religion of which you speak, is presently being perfected by the current pope, current "jewish" leaders, AND current muslim leaders (poor souls still have yet to learn that the catholic church actually created Islam through Mohammed to manipulate and strong arm the true Christians and destroy them for the purpose of obtaining the "holy land" so as to supplant her babylonian authority and to cause more supposed division with peoples' weak perception of God (Who are three separate powers - God the Father, The Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit - not "the ONE" as Satan would have everyone to believe so he can attempt to fool everyone in the guise of the pope on earth who claims to be The Vicar of the Son of God, claiming to have more authority as "God on earth" than even the Word of God)

So... yes you are close to correct. Almost everyone is Catholic indeed. That is Satan's plan. But it will fail for those who will choose to see the incredibly simple Truth and follow through with it. Welcome to the world's greatest conspiracy! You have hit the nail on the head. The reason for all the problems is summed up in your statement on the religiosity of humanity!

I can tell you this for a fact... if you choose to obey The Lord's 4th commandment to observe the Sabbath day, which is the last day of the week, this one simple act will prove your acknowlegement of the true Living God, of Jesus Christ as Lord of the Sabbath, and of the Holy Spirit who reproves and corrects those of us who desire to obey the Lord's commandments and keep the testimony of Jesus Christ, which is the spirit of prophecy - and prophecy of the Lord declares that the mark of the beast is the changing of times and laws, as it is written, and the current mission of the pope and the roman catholic church is to institute sunday rest laws, such as have already been instituted partially (see JFK and blue laws). Notice how your protestants running for elections are pushing these bids? Coincidence? No. All your denominations are in apostasy - no one is obeying the Lord, and everyone thinks they are praying to Jesus... but how can the prayer be taken to Him if you do not observe His commandments? You know there is a Jesus named Justus in the Bible, aside from Jesus? Then is it not possible you are praying to yet another, as well, Jesus in your prayers, The One whose surname is The Fallen? The One who wants to steal your everlasting soul as a trophy for himself!

Yes, a big conspiracy this is. And this conspiracy is so great that this simple and easy truth is attacked so easily. If you feel angry or amused in such a way that you feel the need to attack the simple truth that is not only Scripturally but also HISTORICALLY sound, then the devils are toying with you so that you will lose your soul. If you don't love it, I don't care for it either. I have done my job if you don't take heed.

www.remnantofgod.org... - for the truth and back up info on most of what I just shared. It's all in the Bible, the Authorized King James Version - but it ain't as easy as checking out the well organized website with biblical and historical facts and photographs and dates and timelines and secular knowledge even to back it all up -- and admittance by the catholic church and the popes that all of what I told you is true! All in black and white and sometimes blue or red.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
You are indeed Catholic, and heres why.

You have no authority to place labels on me outside your own kingdom my friend.

I can accept that the word "Catholic" means universal to you. However, that is NOT truth.

If it was truth, I would not need to be baptised into the church. Universal would accept me as I am, not expect me to conform to mundane ritual.

If it was truth, I could not be excommunicated from the church for division from the whole is impossible.

If it was truth, the dead body of Christ would not be deified, but rather the divine seen in all.

What the word "Catholic" is said to mean is irrelevant when you witness what it actually represents.

I am not Catholic.

I AM.

With Love,

Your Brother

<< 1   >>

join