It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hurricane Andrew Cover-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
authorities grossly understated the death toll from hurricane Andrew, the worst natural disaster in US history, and left thousands of survivors to die in a zone contaminated by radiation.

pretty interesting article!
link to the article is here, john

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
interesting bit of fiction, that is.

I lived in south florida at the time, and the author is full of crap.

e.g. "andrew has shifted south 5 degrees"

that in and of itself is hilarious.

5 degrees spans the entire length of florida. Andrew came in from the Bahamas, and fortunately, crossed the southern tip of florida, limiting its damage.

Being in close proximity to the storm, I know this for a fact...I stayed up all night watching it on radar.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I agree the article is interesting. Strange, though, that in an area that the author claims had over 400,000 people in it...no one got a picture of the many dead bodies or body parts. Based on that fact alone, I consider this story to be pure bunk.

Sorry, but almost every household has a camera of some sort. At least one picture should have been taken.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
the author states he was watching TV when he got the news, then later says a friend warned him. total BS

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
its actually a "she".

couldn't you tell by the emotional tone of the "fiction"?

turns out she writes poetry...blah blah blah.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yeah...the stepping on a severed head thing seemed a bit too much to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
that is ridiculous. First off, someone as badly hurt as she was would probably not be able to remember the vivid details and verbatim conversations. Second, if that many people died, how on earth did it go unnoticed. When there are deaths, they are recorded and noted and people look for the missing. When the wtc collapsed the list of the missing was massive and after weeks it began shrinking. It was update within the last months to adjust for a couple of people on the list.

Also, if she was warned by someone she knew who had some inside knowledge, why on earth did she stay put and why was she so shocked by the emergency broadcast. She should have known it was coming and fled the trailer.

Saying that the gov't decided to skip warning the public because they couldn't handle the evacuation numbers is insane. Let's assume, for one moment, that this nonsense is true. Someone in the know would have been unable to sit by and allow 1000's of deaths. someone with a hint of a heart would have said something.

Lastly, how on earth does this woman know of ultra secret military oaths being taken? They must not be so secret.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I live in south FL, and this article is fiction.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wow, this is a good one! LOL LOL

So andrew had 350 mph winds? That would put it at hmm, stronger than an F... um 7 tornado?

And the message came not from the Emergency Broadcast System, which is the real deal, but the National Broadcast Emergency Center?

It gets better........They LIVED for 10 days without food or water, these superbeings of Dade County.

I will spare the rest of the falsehoods because while entertaining, this narrative is entirely a lie.

Still a good read though just for comical sakes.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminus
So andrew had 350 mph winds? That would put it at hmm, stronger than an F... um 7 tornado?

That's an F5. After the largest tornado in recorded history hit Oklahoma City (it pulled asphault from the ground - I saw it) meteorologists considered creating an F6 rating, but I think that idea fell through. 350 MPH winds were recorded in that tornado, and I think it's still classified as F5.

Not that this has anything to do with hurricanes, haha.

EDIT:
Sorry, scratch that, 260 mph winds.

[edit on 8/25/2004 by shbaz]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I live in Homestead, I moved here a year ago and I've heard lots of stories from people who actually lived and worked down here. First of all about the warning. There was warning that a hurricane was coming but like all hurricanes you can only predict, and predicting isn't declaring what will happen and the hurricane listens. They thought it was only going to hit as a small hurricane and it tore the crap out of Dade.

As for the dead bodies and stepping on a severed head and the core of what the article said...fiction. crazy fiction.

although there were some interesting points, for example the immigrants camped out, there settlement was wiped away. and as for them i've heard speculation and talk from many people of the bodies being taken away. But what do they want them to do, come on TV and say we have a lot of dead Mexican bodies of people we cannot identify and have no records for. PLEASE, if their was a a cover up, well then covering that up wasn't probably the worst thing.

the trucks she's mentioned those i've heard about too.

the 350 plus mile per hour winds, please. there would be NOTHING left, especially after 6 hours.

there is a tropical storm (Earnesto) headed for us right now. We actually no more now that Andrew happened. We know that we don't know.

And i'm sure that way more people died then was reported. that's only conceeding to logic, not proof.

and if you weren't warned, you weren't paying attention. everyone who lives down here knows, the only thing you really know about hurricanes is that you don't know what the heck it's going to do, and they learned that from ANDREW, because they didn't know what was coming, and when it came, it came hard, and people died, but it wasn't apocolyptic like she said.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I was there, in Davie, i slept through the storm. In the weeks following i ended up doing some work for a meteorologist from NHC, we got to talking and he claimed that his station lost the anemometer upwards of 250mph. The explanation i heard is that the storm spawned bands of tornados, moving with the storm's velocity and rotation.

I was in the bands of hurricane Jerry about 20nm east of Port Everglades, sailing on a beam reach, staying between the bands, and at the edges of the bands, i saw lots of substantial waterspouts forming. The storm caught up to me and things got real interesting, but that's another story for another time.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
We already know that the Eastern side of a hurricane is the evil side of a hurricane. The stronger ones spawn literally thousands of tornadoes (not all tocuh down or are strong).

But notice: It's been long enough for Andrew to have come, destroyed, and be exadurated.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by jlc163]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
(Sigh...) Hurricanes do not just appear like that. The idiot who wrote this pile of effluent has no idea about basic meterology. The article contradicts itself all over the place.
It's a load of honk. Great. Big. Steaming. Honk!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If you go down to the bottom of the page where it says: About The Author : it should tell you all you need to know

BTW I can actually remember reading this work of fiction a few years back when it was first printed.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I agree this is bunk. My relatives live all over Florida.

Why would someone make up such a story? Hype?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
z i dont know if the story is all true ro not but i talked to my mom and dad the day befor the storm hit and he said that they were packed in case they had to leave but he was ashured they werent going to have to go but in the middal of the nite they were told to leave not by the mediea but some friends whose son was stationed at the base my mom and dad made it to the uper part of the state and got a hotel room mom was getting ready for bed and dad was in the shower when mom heard a thud my dad died of a heartatack he was cremated and he was suposed to be sent to lancaster pa and i went their for the service and after two weeks still no dad and the furinal director said he couldnt find him and i had to go back to mi because my husband had goten sick and ididnt get to say goodby to him or tell him how much i loved him and my mom went through hell just haveing to go on without him and i know with the wy they loved each other he would never hve taken that risk ifmhe hadent been told it was safe to stay

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I know this is dated but if you look at the news broadcast for that time, Andrew didn't look like it was going to make it. The news agency was joking about the storm and how it was stalling. So I'm assuming a lot of people didnt' have good warning anyways but this story is VERY false haha.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I, too, live in South Florida, have all of my life, and I was there.

This story is false.

I really don't think more needs to be said.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I know that the last post about this topic was a while ago, but due to the fact that I also live in Miami-Dade, and lived through Andrew, I was curious about the author. And from what I discovered, I knew that everyone that posted previously would get a good laugh out of what I found out about the author, K.T. Frankovich's previous experiences before the storm.

Hurricane Andrew hit Florida in August 24, 1992. Which is when K.T. survived the "8 hour onslaught of 350mph winds." Lmao! =o)
But what that story, or what she failed to mention was, how that encounter (with the storm, per se) compared to her previous encounter, on May of 1992, when she had an encounter with a six fingered alien being. In Miami-Dade.

I found my lead from a site called, Swallowing The Camel, where a post by S.M. Elliott, pointed me in the right direction. If you want to laugh a bit, check out her run in with E.T.

swallowingthecamel.blogspot.com...

Have a funny day!
Zemog =o)

new topics

top topics

join