It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth to banking....or is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Is there another way? Of course. Go to the bank in person and withdraw what you need, when you need it. Heck, withdraw all but the minimum and budget yourself. It is hard at first, but remarkably easy once you get used to the idea that you don't have infinite funds.

This commercial says it all in my opinion. You are slaves to your account.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sooo am I supposed to sign up with Ally banking now?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
My family has been doing this for 3+ years now and i can tell you it's amazing how much you save.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

the truth to banking is
debt

its not hard to be smart with money.
you just need to think on the long term scale, which most people dont do due to impulse and a 'need' for consumer products.
edit on 19-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

nowdays that the checks don't bounce and that atm withdrawals are transfered to your credit card, i guess everyone can pretend to be like the government.

reduce your deficit in ten years.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

No..the truth is...you are always told your whole life....accept it.

When in actuality, you don't have to.

I like amusing commercials, like the E-Trade baby, but this one struck a chord. USAA has the same program and I won't be leaving them anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Yeah I never have, in my bank account, I have 2 dollars. On my own, I stash away 4 months worth of rent ahead of time. Money is easy to handle.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Smart guy! Star for for ya...but don't try to cash it.

I'm getting there again the same way, but life changes have a way way of draining the 'ol savings.

My investments with my bud however are doing fine...though that is money I really don't acknowledge...until it's time to cash out.

It's gambling after all. I shouldn't spend it, if I'm not prepared to lose it.
edit on 19-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah it can be hard at times. That's why I'm glad I make money under the table with side jobs and gigs here and there. That helps with the food/guitar string habit. I'm actually pretty horrible with money. I have a list of 1000 things I want/need to buy and with the rent stash, the temptation grows stronger every moment. That's also why I don't drink I guess, costs money and I would be an alcoholic shopaholic lol

top topics

join