It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart/Daily Show website being mercilessly spammed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
LMAO. I cannot post a link here, because the attack is against the Daily Show's forum, and ATS prohibits linking to another forum. And i did an ATS search to make sure this topic hasn't already been posted and I didn't find anything, so pardon me if this thread is a duplicate, but, I logged on to facebook (yeah, yeah, i know...) and read the following message from the Daily Show:

From TheDailyShow.com team:

We are fully aware of the spamming problem currently occurring on The Daily Show message boards. Our moderators are working valiantly to clean up the issue while we look for a better, more permanent solution. Your patience is greatly appreciated at this time.

Thank you.

so, curiosity killed the cat and i had to go to their website and see what was going on. turns out every single section of their forum is inundated with posts about watching certain NFL games or Hockey games, etc. "free online" - i mean there are GAZILLIONS of threads, the whole forum has been overtaken with these threads - in every section.

The daily Show won a couple of Emmys last night. I am supposing that is why their site has been targeted by whoever.

So.... are you guys picking on Jon Stewart and I just didn't get the memo... or what?!?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
i had to go and check it out,
wow, they really did a number on him. flooded with sports crap.
his comedy rocks

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sounds like a spammer attack by jealous opponents to Jon's show. Fairly old programs can do that, it's an annoying replicator but can be removed, just takes some time.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hmm, who is his biggest competition? Fox News? Corporate sabatoge!

I kid folks, don't flame for bringing in the "number one news" show. By the way, deos that not make them 'mainstream' by definition?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
DAMN that Stephen Colbert! He's so jealous!

Hey, at least its sports and not "god hates fags" or some Michelle Bachman ad.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was looking for NFL streaming yesterday around noon and noticed this as well.
I'd say it's not only the daily show's forums but many forums from around the net.
These forums are full of advertisements to buy software to watch football from your
computer. Google has tons of forums that are showing to be full of these advertisements
if you search for "NFL streaming", or the likes.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
DAMN that Stephen Colbert! He's so jealous!

Hey, at least its sports and not "god hates fags" or some Michelle Bachman ad.

haha! "pray the gay away"

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UnholyBones

that forum is under attack. it is blatantly obvious. there are GAZILLIONS of threads. it is like beyond typical spamming.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I guess the uninformed will have to seek entertainment elsewhere for the time being. I'm sure they will find somewhere else to gather and share their emotionally based, uninformed opinions.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I'm sure they will find somewhere else to gather and share their emotionally based, uninformed opinions.

Probably ATS sounds like they would fit in just fine here.

new topics

top topics

join