It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Stupid News Reports Are Making You Stupid!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I couldn't pass this up with out saying something, and I'm sure most of us agree the media bias at the least points to corruption, if not a conspiracy of its own. I walked through the breakroom to find the following:

Texting making you stupid...

The comparison they are making is that as texting trends increase litteracy rates decline. Now I'll cut them a little slack, I will be the first to admit there may be some contributing factors from texting that may attribute to some small amount of literacy decline, but here's my deal...there are many other underlining factors not concidered in the report, and its the media equivalent of comparing apples to oranges. Its a vague comparison at best, and by no means constitutes being news!

Now this is just one of I'm sure thousands of examples you members out there could contribute, but my question here is how has news changed so much in the last few years with very little criticism. At what point did our media go from reporting news to nothing but commentary and irrelevant compairisons? Why are there now more reports on irrelevent issues and celebrity gossip than there are on the real important issues at hand.

How is Charlie Sheen's replacement on his sitcom more pressing news than the what's looking to be endless recession our politicians and bankers dug us into?

Who decides what "bombshell tonight!" missing tot gets blasted for months over the tv while a 100 thousand other missing children get no attention?

Why do we get hours of commentary on some latest greatest weightloss product, and brief mention at best of protests at the capital or the ongoing one at wallstreet?

Those who argue ratings mean everything...I say to you that's a load of BS! Media should never be about getting high ratings, and once media turns down that road (as it obviously has), the news no longer means anything. News is supposed to be about the important issues at hand, not what people think should be popular that month.

Is it a conspiracy, or just plain ignorance? I honestly cannot say...but one things for sure:

If the sheep are blind, the can't see the clifts edge! Do you trust your shepherds?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The MSM is teaching people how to turn their brains off.

I think you should meet Michael Fazio....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
'And now sports!'

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Anything that your brain can conceive as stupid....generally makes you more stupid.

edit on 19-9-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: head spinnin

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Anything that your brain can conceive as stupid....generally makes you more stupid.

edit on 19-9-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: head spinnin

I was thinking after Bush left I felt a little dumber

...couldn't help myself
edit on 19-9-2011 by mutatismutandis because: Arrg, stupid auto edit!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

"And now back to Paris Hilton with the weather!"

Paris: "It's hot"

"Alrighty then"

But seriously, I remember when I was younger all those stupid head lines "According to studies done by ________ University, _________ is shown to have beneficial affects on your ___________.

So stupid.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I remember watching CNN after a couple of weeks and the only new stories I remember were, Wolrd sport (for five minutes and "well be back at the top of the hour" which was 5 minutes away! No logic) The guy swearing like crazy, CNN executive picking the phone and calling him so they can both wear unfortunately he wasn't in. The model who supposedly lost because she didn't wear any underwear "she went commando" what an idiot reporter. And to top it all off he goes on to holla at the weather forecast presenter. WTF=WGM (World Gone Mad).
edit on 19-9-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

Stoopid threads are making you stoopid.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

"A giant, Zionist, dildoburger ****". Frakking priceless.

The dude's not entirely wrong. Loads of name calling there but that's what happens when you put yourself in the spotlight.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
reply to post by mutatismutandis

Stoopid threads are making you stoopid.

What exactly have you contributed to this discussion other than confirming for us your a j@ck@ss?

Go back to your bridge troll...
edit on 19-9-2011 by mutatismutandis because: Blah!

top topics

join