It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Okay so we'll save $1 trillion over 10 years...

In other words if they keep up that plan over and over it would pay off the national debt in 147 years.

...and that would require the current debt to stop increasing. Fat chance.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
This is actually a brilliant move by the Obama administration, we can join the many successful societies throughout history that have taxed themselves into prosperity!
I mean let's look at the list... oh wait... there aren't any? Never mind.

people should really read that post taxation has never once lead to anyone prospertity but time and time agian has lead them into poverty.
edit on 19-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You want some revenue?
Legalize pot.

That will bring in the cash.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is one of the first pages out of the Democrats' playbook. Its nothing more than an attempt to put the GOP into a no-win situation prior to the elections next year. If the GOP votes against it, the Dems will whine about how the GOP only supports the wealthy. If the GOP votes for it, the Dems will say the GOP doesn't keep its anti-tax promises. They're just playing games, which is probably about the only thing the Democratic party is good at.

Ask yourself a question: If this plan were worth a damn, where was it almost three years ago when Obama took office and back when the Dems had control of both houses of Congress? They don't know what they're doing.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The republicans and the democrats are equally to blame for the state of the national debt.Every bill that comes before congress has attached to it some kind of pork barrel project that some greedy politician wants instituted to please his lobby pals. You know who they are, they're the ones who make the politician who was middle class when he was elected, rich by the end of his first term.

Obama is just doing what politicians do. He's spending our money on policies that won't help us,but will make some one else rich.He wants to get reelected so he can continue to ride the American politician gravy train.

There is no difference between the political parties. they are two sides to the same coin. Or if you will two factions of the same party. They are out to fleece the american public while feeding their power monger buddies.We have lost control of the political machine in America. We lost control long ago.

I don't think it matters what Obama does. Tax the rich whoopdee do.Even though they control much of the wealth of this country, just how much money does he think he can get from them when the loopholes in tax code and the use of off shore banks enable them to protect their money.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Talk about putting forth the same old tired argument, did you read what you wrote? If your argument has even one ounce of truth in it, answer me this; Where the hell are all of the jobs that these so called "job creators" were supposed to create in response to the Bush tax cuts?

It's not their fault there is almost no other argument to be against taxing the rich. But like people said, they aren't creating jobs here in america anymore because that's the way it works now in the world, too bad heh?

So stop pretending the wealthiest greedy rich will come save your asses to get the economy back on track. Where ever you are in the world now, you are just an asset to them. If an american is not worth it to make profit, they won't go for it.

people making 250k a year, that's not what I consider very rich at all.
You see the top 1-2% mostly are mentally ill and can't think strait like a human being anymore.
We are not their brothers anymore, they do not care for your life, your family, your happiness if it's not an asset to make profit.

You know what I would do? I would taxe imports to american based corporations if they move their economy overseas. Taxe it to a point where it's the same price to buy local, or close. This is a quick idea that I haven't researched but it sounds like a good direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join