It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Kit plane--heading across the rockies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So I have the new kit plane all assembled.Im heading across the country.I think I should be able to clear the rockies if I use high octane gas.This sucker should be at least 100 horse power.I am strapping a few extra 5 gallon gas cans to the wings so I dont have to stop for fuel.I have the scarf and goggles.Any tips appreciated.Should I assemble the glass in front or will the goggles take care of the bugs and stuff.Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Make sure you take some energy drinks with you..

Prolly some food too..

do you think it will be a long flight?

P.S. Goggles should be fine..

not a lot of bugs up there..

good luck!!

edit on 18-9-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

save fuel money by going around the Rockies instead. safety first: a 5 gallon spare on each wing. old-fashioned goggles and scarf really is the look, but if you're not sporting a handlebar mustache I'd re-think the whole thing.

pro-tip: spit into the wind to see which way it's blowing. bon voyage!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You're asking for technical aviation advice on a non-aviation related forum? If that is the limit of your understanding of reality then you have no business flying at all, never mind doing an advanced flight over the mountains. Darwin is catching up with you...quickly.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
You're asking for technical aviation advice on a non-aviation related forum? If that is the limit of your understanding of reality then you have no business flying at all, never mind doing an advanced flight over the mountains. Darwin is catching up with you...quickly.
I can upgrade to the higher horsepower engine if needed,but I want a fuel efficient engine.I dont buy into the whole macho v-8 crap.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Tip #1: There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots....but ther e are not a lot of old, bold pilots.

I would attach the windscreen, just to protect your skin if anything else.

Be safe and have a good trip.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This bad boy is a one seater, sorry I dont have room for any more people.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I will consider wing applications,but once we take off,I dont want to hear you screaming for your mom at 5,000 feet in the air.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Hay....

do you have any pics of her?

that would be way cool..

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Two wing tanks...cool.What kind of kit is it? A Mini-Mustang?

My Dad and a friend built a BD-5 with a volkswagon engine. Boy! That plane could scoot!

Until the the landing gear folded...and then it actually did scoot.

Thankfully no one was hurt and it was covered by insurance...but it never flew again. Five years of time and effort destroyed within one year.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I just finished putting this beauty together.Its easy assembly.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
After we conquer the rockies,next time out ,this bitch is going to fly the gobi desert nonstop.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
So I have the new kit plane all assembled.Im heading across the country.I think I should be able to clear the rockies if I use high octane gas.This sucker should be at least 100 horse power.I am strapping a few extra 5 gallon gas cans to the wings so I dont have to stop for fuel.I have the scarf and goggles.Any tips appreciated.Should I assemble the glass in front or will the goggles take care of the bugs and stuff.Thanks in advance.

I'd take a parachute, personally. Its a long way down and believe me, you really don't want to fall all the way down and risk bouncing when you hit. Breaking every bone in your body is a very uncool way to die.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Good luck, but be sure and stop at some point and get your pilot's license!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
go with the wind screen. relying on the goggles will dry your eyes out. hard to smoke without a wind screen.

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

join