It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some intersteing facts about US ARMY EQUIPMENT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I live in South Korea and the other day the AFN (Armed Forces Network) had a story on troop redeployment and the new type of boots that ALL armed forces are being given whihch should be in effect by 2008.

About 1/3 of the troops here are being redeployed to either Iraq or other areas of the world as a part of the global reallignment.

Their combat boots are all manufactured to meet the needs of a desert environment, to withstand heat and keep moisture in, sand out etc etc. I just found it interesting that no matter where a US soldier is posted or what branch of the military he/sh eis in they ALL will be given these boots and the whole military will have them by 2008. What is interesting is does that imply that the US expects further military conflict in IRaq or the middel east? or does it mean that like Germany and South Korea, will the US have a permanent military base of thousands of troops within IRAQ? Tell me your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
There is no doubt that the US will maintain a presence in Iraq. Much like the huge complex in Qutar. However, the troops may be issued several pairs of boots to reflect the new doctrine regarding more rapid deployment? I doubt that they will only have a desert boot as they will not always be deployed in the desert. That type of boot would rot your feet right off in the jungle!

join