It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Freak Show" movie-Banned in 43 countries *warning: graphic video*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I just rented this movie & haven't watched it yet-will tomorrow...Anyway, the movie claims to be banned in 43 countries without saying which ones or places any evidence to say its actually not. This is the trailer to it which once you watch, you'd know this isn't any regular movie preview on t.v. Anyway, i was wondering if someone can find a real reliable source to say why it is banned in those countries and which ones. thanks
edit on 17-9-2011 by Newz2387 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Newz2387

You really need to put a warning in your title about that video.

I couldn't find any info on which countries, if any, it was banned in. It seems to me to be an advertising gimmick.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

i figured the fact it was banned could be the same as a warning or be prepared...sorry, i tried looking too and could not find a thing about it

and i just placed a warning...thx 4 trying
edit on 17-9-2011 by Newz2387 because: to advice people of video

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Newz2387

Wow, I can't wait to see that. It looks like it has the same stance as House of 1000 corpses.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

got it at blockbuster

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is a remake of the 1932 movie Freaks. "one of us! one of us!" I doubt it was actually banned in 43 countries. It's just trying to make itself edgier than it needs too. The original was considered weird and obscene back in its day. I think this version is trying to keep that "forbidden" aura about it.

Definitely seems worth checking out tho. I enjoyed the original.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ehhh, I don't really enjoy extreme gore unless the movie actually has a smart way of incorporating it into the movie; like with the Saw series.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

the movie was based on "Freaks" which I have also seen. Im sure it was an advertising scheme-just wanted to see if any1 could find where that statement came from and if there's any truth to that rumor

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What the hell I just watched someone get their tongue cut off and then their face surgically removed while they were still alive looks like an awesome movie I think I'll stick with the original my imagination is good enough that I really don't need to see that sh*t so blatantly. Messed~!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
tokyo gore police is more....out there than this. still it looks nifty. maybe ill download. why would anyone want to buy or rent a movie anymore when downloading movies are totally legal as long as you dont sell them.

top topics

join