It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For you Nibiru fans...a photo not of Nibiru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hi,

Just for the record, I don't believe or disbelieve stuff relating to the Phantom Death Star or whatever is out there however I wanted to share something interesting I came across today while driving back from work.

Unfortunately I have two photos that I stitched together in Photoshop...yeah I could have photoshopped it but it's obvious I haven't (I had to take two shots as I was in a car and couldn't get a decent angle of the whole sky with my phone in portrait mode.

imageshack.us...

Anyway my point is, that this is not Nibiru....what it is I don't know but I noticed a strange effect on the edge of the cloud on the right...thinking it was a strange circular rainbow of sorts I noticed it was actually refracting the sun light, or rather that section of the cloud was.

Chemtrails/holographics came to my mind so I thought I would quickly snap this thing up on my crappie phone camera. For completeness I took a snap of the Sun which was to the left as you can see...strange but true.

What's my point, well this...we don't really know wth is out there, strange stuff is happening in the sky or I have actually become quite cynical in my old age and have started to notice this stuff...maybe.
edit on 15-9-2011 by old_god because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2011 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
wait are you saying thats one picture taken at the same time?

couldnt you have framed it so you can fit both objects in the picture?

the clouds match thats for sure...
edit on 15/9/2011 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Why is the brightness so different in the 2 pics?

One could speculate that one pic was taken at a different time in the season than the other pick, and that both pics are of the same object/sun.
Also, reversing the photo.
"sundog".

Without 1 full picture, I have a feeling the majority will have doubt. I do... but who knows.
edit on 15-9-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Isnt that what they call a moondog?
moondog

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperGumby
reply to post by old_god

Isnt that what they call a moondog?
moondog

Yep that's most likely what I was seeing.

As for the two pictures, just my Nokia N95 (yes I use something that old) - I have both pictures, more than happy to upload them for people to view but I hope my honesty will count here (you only need to look at my history on ATS, I don't mess around).

Either way a strange omen of sorts.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
Why is the brightness so different in the 2 pics?

One could speculate that one pic was taken at a different time in the season than the other pick, and that both pics are of the same object/sun.
Also, reversing the photo.
"sundog".

Without 1 full picture, I have a feeling the majority will have doubt.
edit on 15-9-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

the difference in lighting is due to the brightness of the environment, since the picture on the left was directed at the sun (very bright) the phone had to adjust and level the brightness, the picture on the right was less bright and more natural. try it with your camera facing it towards the light and then away.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Sorry two pictures, I stopped momentarily so didn't have time compose a shot, next best thing was to shoot, turn and shoot the next shot

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Its one pic, taken maybe 100m before the next, and the author has lined the two clouds up, which would appear the same in the photos as they are far away.

Good post, I also don't believe it's Niburu, but a natural effect which has an explanation.....anyone?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Uhhh... Sun dogs are caused by refraction of ice particles in the atmosphere. And I don't know if that's what we're seeing here.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Nice sundog

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
That is a sun dog or parahelia. These are not rare. They occur on average twice a week. I see them weekly. There are many interesting things to see, but people spend so much time indoors that they miss out on these beautiful effects. Try this site to see what other great effects you might have been missing.

Atmospheric Optics

To find the sun dogs section click on Ice Halos.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
That is a sun dog or parahelia. These are not rare. They occur on average twice a week. I see them weekly. There are many interesting things to see, but people spend so much time indoors that they miss out on these beautiful effects. Try this site to see what other great effects you might have been missing.

Atmospheric Optics

To find the sun dogs section click on Ice Halos.

Hit the nail on the head, I am going to make a point of getting out and enjoying life while I still can (my eyes are failing me).

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I saw my 4th circumzenith arc this summer. They are amazing and apparently common. Maybe they are not as common as sun dogs. The website calls them common. They are really spectacular. Hope everyone has a chance to see one of them. They are incredibly bright.

Thanks for the photo. I thought it was well done because the photos were shown in their original format and not photoshopped to avoid showing the original images.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
Hi,

Just for the record, I don't believe or disbelieve stuff relating to the Phantom Death Star or whatever is out there however I wanted to share something interesting I came across today while driving back from work.

Aye, that is a sundog (it worries me sometimes when folk on ATS claim a lens flare or something could be sundog)

Most folk just don't notice them (except us weather freaks who're looking at the sky all the time
) but they're actually quite common. When you do see one for the first time it can understandbly make you wonder what it is

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Isn't that what they normally call a 'sun dog' ?

top topics

join