It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salisbury NC man banned from hunting worldwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
A Salisbury resident has been banned from hunting anywhere in the world for two years as part of an agreement with federal authorities in Kentucky on charges that he illegally hunted in and took wildlife from that state.

source

How is this legal to stop someone from hunting in another country???
Has our country overstepped their bounds AGAIN?

I love being an American but my govt really makes me shake my head in wonder

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

As I understand this, the US is not preventing him from hunting in another country per se (the US isn't interfering in the laws of another country) but IF he were caught doing so, he would be breaking the conditions of his plea bargain (unsupervised probation) and would thus, face increased consequences. Sounds like this one is on the lawyers and on a system that has allowed plea bargaining to run amuck...

edit on 14-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I dont know if i would say our country is at fault this time, but most definately at the state level. I would definately say Kentucky has "opened their mouth and inserted foot all the way to thigh" lol. Kentucky has no authority to ban something world wide. The U.S. government doesnt even have the authority for something on that scale.
Holly

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

haha thats gold, they will ban someone for hunting something he shouldnt (which is bad i know) and critise third world nations for their treatment of animals (which is because of the ecenomic situtation we put them in)

but we wont ban corps like bp who destory the entire ocean
wont stop factory farms
the list goes on

i know what he did is bad but it just goes to show the lower you are on the food chain the more youll be prosecuted

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Kentucky isn't a state it's a commonwealth. Truthfully the guy got off cheap. I've seen people lose almost everything they own because of poaching. Usually Kentucky doesn't mess around when it comes to poachers.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Kentucky isn't a state it's a commonwealth. Truthfully the guy got off cheap. I've seen people lose almost everything they own because of poaching. Usually Kentucky doesn't mess around when it comes to poachers.

That is because Kentucky is an Anglo dominant state. Anglo(English) are a slave race. It is no different then during the medieval age how Anglo nobility prevented commoners from hunting in the "Lords Woods"(aka Public land).

P.S Commonwealth = Sovereignty/Pride issue. It is a way of saying "yes we are a part of the USA but we are a sovereign nation first and only agree to be in the USA voluntarily". Meaning it means the same thing as State from a legal view point.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by brabbit76
I dont know if i would say our country is at fault this time, but most definately at the state level. I would definately say Kentucky has "opened their mouth and inserted foot all the way to thigh" lol. Kentucky has no authority to ban something world wide. The U.S. government doesnt even have the authority for something on that scale.
Holly

Kentucky didn't ban anything world wide. This came from a federal court. And the US government does have the authority to prosecute US nationals for crimes committed in other countries.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
He got caught because he shot the bobcat.

Insurance companies were losing money from people hitting deer. So the Government released Bobcats across America to cut the deer population. All those bobcats have satellite tracking devices.

It was Ronald Reagan that created the Trust Funds for each Federal Agency/Retirement System and put a little money in them. He said to go invest the money so you have something to operate/live off of.

Insurance Companies are one of the things they invested in. You don't mess with their profits.

He messed with their profits. He shot one of their Bobcats. Which hurts Insurance company profits...reduces profits to run Federal Agencies/Fund Retirement Systems.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Bobcats dont hunt deer , dont you ever watch animal planet???

Bobcat hunt rabbit squarls possum raccoons and any other small ((NOTE small game )) phesent grouse and such.
take one bobcat weighing a wopping 20 pounds and put in a full grown doe weighing 120 ,
cougars hunt deer wolfs hunt deer man hunts deer in the US thats about all that does.
City people lolol
as for banning this guy world wide if he stayed in said country nothing they can do its when he would return that they would bust him,

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 15-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
LadySkadi got it.

I'm from Kentucky and Kentuckians are not big on people hunting out of season or killing animals unnecessarily. I'm more from the city, but when you get into the country and see the respect some of the hunters have for animals it's kind of endearing. Kentucky actually gets a bad rap, it's really a pretty nice place.

Unrelated, but interesting story about men sentenced in Kentucky for killing endangered bats:
www.wsaz.com...

The instigator received 8 months, but in my opinion they got off a little light for their ignorance and destruction of an endangered species. Maybe I just have a soft spot for bats..
edit on 15-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
Bobcats dont hunt deer , dont you ever watch animal planet???

Bobcat hunt rabbit squarls possum raccoons and any other small ((NOTE small game )) phesent grouse and such.
take one bobcat weighing a wopping 20 pounds and put in a full grown doe weighing 120 ,
cougars hunt deer wolfs hunt deer man hunts deer in the US thats about all that does.
City people lolol
as for banning this guy world wide if he stayed in said country nothing they can do its when he would return that they would bust him,

perhaps your TV programming/viewing isn't feeding you the correct information ... try a read.
source

Bobcats are also known to eat rodents, birds, bats and even
adult deer, which they usually consume during the winter months
, as well as lambs, poultry and young pigs when a ranch is near.

as for shooting ... perhaps we should start with these BS boxes (otherwise known as televisions/programming)

new topics

top topics

join