It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Dad - A British View

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This show is absolute satirical gold. Having watched the first showing tonight, I can't help but feel this show is anything but comedy gold. Watching from the British point of view, the show provided from start to finish nothing but laughs at the expense of our colonial cousins. Is the show created by a non American national looking to have a laugh at every aspect of there society?

The show, it's absolute comedy gold. The best bar none of the comedy genre I've seen come out of there nation in a long... no... ever. It's the funniest show I've seen from planet America bar none. It's undeniably must watch programming. Absolutely detailing the absurdity of generalist conception... I love it!

A lot of people STATE-side might see this as a dig, but any non Americanos, please watch this show. It's American showing at its best, truly hysterical. We shouldn't' have stereotypes, but this show points to everything 'America' makes us think they can't realise they're funny fot, they can after-all have a joke at there own expense.

Watch, American Dad, It's the work of a genial struggle and grunt!! Pure, adulterated comedy gold. They aren't just paranoid sociopaths!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am American and I LOVE American Dad!!

Roger is my favorite of course.

I prefer this over Family Guy

I absolutely love the satire in it!!!

I watched two episodes last night that cracked me up but I can't discuss them lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Glad you enjoy it. That's me under the wig.
Regards,
Rodger

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Haha I make it a point to catch American Dad every night before bed. Always insures I go to sleep with a smile on my face, no matter how many times I've seen the particular rerun. I think pretty much every person I know loves this show as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Seth McFarlane is an American from Connecticut. Like most Americans, he has the ability to laugh at himself and his own culture.
Would think a British bloke might understand, seeing as the Brits once, a long time ago, held a place in the world where people thought they were something other than effeminate, bad tooth jokes.

Cheerio, Old Boy!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sed Non Credo

I absolutely hate that show, and I am an American. I know you Brits are absolutely nauseated by us because of how YOUR everyday media portrays us. Not every American is the same, just to let you Brits know. So what you see in that cartoon is an exaggeration, and that is an understatement. I hate how the world defines EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN as fat, stupid, and lazy. It is so wrong. Just plain wrong.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sed Non Credo
This show is absolute satirical gold. Having watched the first showing tonight, I can't help but feel this show is anything but comedy gold. Watching from the British point of view, the show provided from start to finish nothing but laughs at the expense of our colonial cousins. Is the show created by a non American national looking to have a laugh at every aspect of there society?

It really is a great show! I love it and I am American.

It is created by an American.Seth MacFarlane. The same guy that created Family guy.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You're a bit late to the party mate.... It's like 5-6 years old now?

And you've just seen it?

It's written and created by an American, Seth McFarlane, the same dude who does Family Guy, hence the hilarity.

And BTS anyone?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yeah you gotta love AD. I've been watching it since it's conception and I must say bravo to seth for having the guts to so blatantly rip apart White America. Not many America shows do that.

ALS

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I definitely prefer American Dad over Family Guy, any day!

It is absolutely hilarious...My favourite characters being Roger & Steve (& his friends, esp. Toshi)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Im from the states, and I agree. American dad is hysterical! I love the family set up, from the personality of the father and the mother, to the son and their hippie daughter, not to mention the random alien roger lol! OH i almost forgot the fish. ahhh good times. Ha, its fantastic.
edit on 9/14/2011 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
Seth McFarlane is an American from Connecticut. Like most Americans, he has the ability to laugh at himself and his own culture.
Would think a British bloke might understand, seeing as the Brits once, a long time ago, held a place in the world where people thought they were something other than effeminate, bad tooth jokes.

Cheerio, Old Boy!

Haha, quality!

I appreciate the responses so far gents. Glad the post wasn't taken the wrong way!

I'll respond more when the wee hours are more substantial.

And F' me 'NerdGoddess.' Fancy exchanging emails or summin? (joke darlin, but wouldn't complain if ya did like)

Hah. Loving your side of the pond tonight.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Sed Non Credo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
yeah, and the young ones always cracked me up

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh Yeah OP....And if ya didnt know, it was created by an American called Seth MacFarlane and he also created Family guy.
Ok, Got that?
If Ya didnt, I'll say it again..
It was created by some Yankee called Sloth Micfairlane and he also crated that other show...Family Bi....Ok Got it now!!!

What...ya still dont got it???

It was creatured bythat Sith MacFartland dude, and he thought up that other show Flambayed Geiser!!

OK Got IT!!!....

Now...wheres my wig and my DRESS..Come-on people!!....Someone get me a Drink...Now!!!....What?...Not Cola you Baboon......!!!! Ahhhhhggg.
edit on 14-9-2011 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It has its moments but I prefer Family Guy.

What I noticed is that those two shows and The Cleveland Show seem to dip in quality as is Seth MacFarlane is focusing more on one show at a time then remembers he has two others.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaemusAlphae

I absolutely hate that show, and I am an American. I know you Brits are absolutely nauseated by us because of how YOUR everyday media portrays us. Not every American is the same, just to let you Brits know. So what you see in that cartoon is an exaggeration, and that is an understatement. I hate how the world defines EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN as fat, stupid, and lazy. It is so wrong. Just plain wrong.

No sense of humour then?

Ha, look at me and my wacky way of putting extra letters in words that don't need to be there! As a Brit, I hate having to type to Americans, especially my girlfriend, I feel dumb putting 5 letters in one word where all 5 don't need to be there.

"Oesophagus" being one. We never say the E, P or H and the latter two sound more like F anyway.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
American Dad is pretty funny. Funnier than Family Guy or the Cleveland Show. Probably because it seems to be able to get away with more.

But I'm not the biggest fan of American comedy anyway. Now, the British, know what's funny.

I'm one of those Americans who watches British comedy all the time. I just find that British hilarity usually involves more subtlety than American comedy.
It's like... American comedy is too blunt and obvious. You know you should be laughing because it's so in-your-face. Whereas some British comedies are more subtle... something so incongruous happens that you're not entirely sure whether it should be funny or not: but it is.

And now I'm rambling.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Exactly what I am talking about right here. Prime example. So you are picking on us because of vast differences in the way we pronounce and spell things?

How childish

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is the best

Seth Mcfarlane is the modern day Mel Blanc. They push the envelope on every show.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hey..do you think it's absolute comedy gold?

Eh I've never really been a fan of Family Guy or American Dad.
If I'm scoping cartoons (which I am, probably far too much for a 25 year old man) I prefer Home Movies, Futurama, and recently Adventure Time. Ah.. I've only seen Ugly Americans once, but I liked the episode I saw.
edit on 15-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join