It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding the power to change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It seems that change is a hard topic to face, at least for some of us. Whether it be quitting a habit or finding the will to love and forgive others. It is hard to do something that involves change or fear of the unkown. So I am wondering what knowledge or advice you guys have on facing change in life.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

I think its about examining the quality of the emotional energy you are bringing to any situation you want to change. Lower emotional states (hate, anger, greed, fear, guilt, shame) will perpetuate less advantageous circumstances. Higher emotional states (love, peace, acceptance, joy, etc.) will ultimately dissolve these things we want to change. The challenge is to truthfully recognize the energy of the thoughts, emotions and interactions we bring to a situation or circumstance, find the lessons we need to learn within them, then advance to a higher emotional set point when dealing with them moving forward.

However you find the path forward, I wish you a good journey.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
At one point in my life I had to change my lifestyle or it was going to kill me. The only unkown I was facing was where I was going to sleep at night. But since the people, places and things in my life were what was killing me, I figured that being wherever else by myself couldn't be any worse.

So in my case, the unknown turned out to be a good thing, and the change did me a world of good.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am currently undergoing a change with my own lifestyle, so I thought this thread was perfect! I don't think it really matters what you are trying to change - weigh loss, quiting smoking/drinking, etc. but these may be able to help you or others.

The way I am approaching my change is on a day by day basis....change does not happen immediately and it is and will be a continuous work in progress. I have looked at the habits that I want to change. I asked myself what I was accomplishing by giving in to these bad habits....what was I looking for and getting by giving in? Each person has a different answer to why they do the things they do, and until you can figure out what you are getting by following a bad habit, you may not be able to commit to the change.

I also know that I may fail on a day basis, but to not give up and get back into the change process. My 'failures' will become less and less as I go through this journey, and knowing this is easier when I do become weak.

I have a clear goal of what I want to accomplish and why....if you don't know where you are going, how will you know when you get there?

I also have reasonable expectations for my change....I know that I will not and cannot change years of bad habits in a few weeks. Time is on my side, and as long as I keep remembering why I want this change, I feel as though I have the strenght to handle the good and bad on my day by day journey.

I have always looked at change as a good thing and welcome this as a new chapter in my life.

I wish you all the best in your change!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Change comes from within than radiates out to others.

The fear of change is a limitation that anyone can impose on one's self. Knowing that you are in control of your thoughts, will only give you assurance.

If one feels the need for change, than change is what the universe can offer.

"Be the change you want to see" Gandhi

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I believe the key to making a change that lasts is understanding how important the stimulus-response mechanism is in determining everything we do as humans. Though it may sound overly simplistic, what we surround ourselves with - the stimuli - is the most the powerful factor influencing what we do or don't do - the response.

So we need to make a permanent change in stimuli that we surround ourselves with. It should be things that motivate us toward our goals and remind us why we want them. And it needs to be stimuli that can compete with the stimuli around us that distracts us from our goals. It's all about recognizing that we will respond to whatever stimuli is the most prominent and convenient in our environment.

If we're trying to exercise more, we need to surround ourselves with the stimuli that will motivate us toward our goal. Post pictures, metrics of health, etc., that remind us why we want to exercise. And we need to try to remove stimuli that distracts us, such as the TV and remote within easy reach. If we want to use our time to earn extra money, we can put up on the wall reminders, pictures, etc. that show what we want to use the money for.

And remember that the stimuli that distracts us invades every aspect of our environment, so we shouldn't feel silly about putting positive stimuli all around us either.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
OP

At the first step on the way it seems sometimes hard, but that very fear can be changed to passion to complete the change you want.

Look at the links in the following thread and have one of the worlds experts in personal change guide, inspire and give you all the tools you need for free!

FREE Hypnosis FREE Coaching FREE Self Help BE THE CHANGE One of the Worlds Leading Experts!

All you could need to change and achieve your goals besides the desire to do so is there for you, and of the best caliber in the world!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

top topics

join