It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9/11 Memorial at Ground Zero revealed in pictures for first time.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
A link to the article: UK Daily News: 9/11 Memorial

On April 4th, 1973, the construction of the complex that was the World Trade Center in New York City was completed. Tower 1 stood at 1,368ft, Tower 2 just below it at 1,362ft.

On September 11, 2001, the day that marked the worst terrorist attack on US Soil in history, these the images show the pure destruction and devastation in the heart of Manhattan.

Now, Ten years later, on September 10, 2011, we can reflect and remember the events that happened on that day. These are the first pictures of the 9/11 Memorial at Ground Zero, a site which millions once associated with death, devastation and abject terror but has now transformed into a place of peace, tranquillity and sadness.
And it has taken ten years to get this far.

From Sunday onwards, Ground Zero - once a black hole of despair - will become known as the National September 11th Memorial.

Protection: A Port Authority officer provides security at the South Pool at the World Trade Center construction site in New York. It will be unveiled to the victims' families on Sunday September 11

Remember: Dawn breaks over the One World Trade Center building as it overlooks the ground zero memorial site one day before the tenth anniversary in New York

First glimpse: Aeriel view of Ground Zero taken from Washington Street the day before the official 9/11 memorial service

Memorial pool: A worker looks up from the illuminated North Pool at the World Trade Center construction site in New York two days before it is due to open to the public

Serene: A view of the south pool waterfall with the One World Trade Centre in the background last month as work continued on the memorial site which will officially open tomorrow

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A memorial based on lies. The ultimate insult to the dead.

If there is ever a revolution, I'd make sure to carve the truth on it.

"Let this be a remembrance of corruption within government so as to not repeat the same mistake again."
edit on 10-9-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I was just watching on BBC the flight 93 memorial and thought the same thing....It is a sad day indeed...and i know the truthers will yet again get a bad rap...as we watch and see how the truth yet again gets buried amongst the rubble of lies.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Very true.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's ironic that they have turned Ground Zero into a waterfall.

I guess they needed to wash away the lies.

My thoughts are with the victims of this heinous crime and I hope that the REAL purpetrators are called to answer their involvement in this.

Ten years on and still there is no one charged for this crime!!!
edit on 10/9/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I saw these pics last week and found them to be beautiful. The pools are. I'm not an American but I know a thing of beauty when I see it. Not great engineering but simplistic and appealing.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
the drain - symbol for americas future after 911...

*no offense*
edit on 10-9-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
the drain - symbol for americas future after 911...

*no offense*

You DO know that the names of those that lost their lives that day are emblazoned on the pools, right?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The first thing i thought on seeing it, was "what a beautiful thing", my second thought was, "damn the TPTB have got a nerve, they're laughing us, by creating a thing of such beauty to remember those they killed.
They think they can get away with murder, that was meant both literally and metophorically.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Of course people know the names of the victims are there and also at the flt 93 memorial...but does that make it an ok statment when many people still dont know the truth...people should all of a sudden feel warm and fuzzy because there is a beautiful symbology to hide the truth....and if you really look at the water fall with the square in it....think of mecca.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a77b8419fae.jpg[/atsimg]

what a slap in the face.
edit on 053030p://f58Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 063030p://f42Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 063030p://f43Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Would you prefer crucifixions of the politicians of the time? Those since? How about the supposed terrorists? When is it time to honor those that passed and get past the hate? It's been 10 years and I'm seeing little progress.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by plube

Would you prefer crucifixions of the politicians of the time? Those since? How about the supposed terrorists? When is it time to honor those that passed and get past the hate? It's been 10 years and I'm seeing little progress.

Time doesn't matter. We will spread the truth relentlessly until enough people are ready to make a move towards Washington. And this move to the capital won't be for protest. But for vengeance and justice.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Time doesn't matter. We will spread the truth relentlessly until enough people are ready to make a move towards Washington. And this move to the capital won't be for protest. But for vengeance and justice.

Even if the people that lost family members on 911 would prefer that you didn't?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

sorry i harbour no ill or hate for people at all...and to assume such a thing is not very constructive to the situation at hand...i am very saddened for the great loss of lives...i am saddened for the great many lives lost in two wars created by the incident...i am saddened by the lies and deciet of the powers that be...but because some one goes and makes some VERY symbolic memorials in the name of these vitims...it is a very sad day indeed.

Now to move on and just forget it because of these symbols would be a complete neglect of respect to these people as then they lost their lives in vain at the expense of some very powerful individuals...and you know what then....THEY WIN.

Is that truely what you think would be the just thing to do .....

NOTE:

An excerpt from the statement:

On November 29, Media Matters published an article entitled, “9/11 Victim Families Criticize Judge Napolitano Comments,” in which four 9/11 family members were quoted as attacking Judge Napolitano, without a single mention of the more than one-hundred 9/11 family members from NYC CAN who share Napolitano’s skepticism. One family member quoted in the article went as far as to say, “Anybody who talks about that is obviously not a family member and just trying to stir the pot and cause controversy.”

We who lost loved ones on that day cannot stand idly by as our honest search for the truth about their death is trampled upon. We demand that Media Matters apologize for its unfair, irresponsible and injurious coverage of this deeply sensitive issue.

please do not assume that famiy's of victims just believe the OS

I personally do not...i was taught to be vigilant in all my endeavors...and extracting the true culprits in this crime is what i will do.....

as Larry silverstein raked in billions on the backs of these people and many others like him....i will not lets these poor victims just become another statistic in the Elites murderous rampage to Enslave the world for their own purposes.

Respect to all those who keep on trying to expose the truth....and respect to the loved ones whom deal with the nightmare of knowing their relatives were the victims of yet another PTB crime.
edit on 063030p://f17Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 063030p://f20Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ritualistic mockery of those sacrificed on that day of infamy. A beautiful abomination!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Jepic

Even if the people that lost family members on 911 would prefer that you didn't?

Hell yes. This is bigger than 9/11. These people are responsible for the deaths of millions and millions of innocent people in foreign wars all over the world. They are the biggest mass murderers in history.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I honestly feel pity for the folks who see thess images and can't get passed internet arguments. must be an awful way to go through life.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I honestly feel pity for the folks who see thess images and can't get passed internet arguments. must be an awful way to go through life.

Says the guy commenting in a thread.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Controlled demolition: the science of putting a building into its basement.

Which at least explains why the waterfall is underneath street level.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Somehow this seems the most appropriate image of the memorial, given what has happened to this country since that day..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join