It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job growth slips by 5,500 as unemployment rate edges up to 7.3 per cent (Canada)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

OTTAWA - Statistics Canada says the country lost jobs for the first time in five months as the unemployment rate also edged up one tenth of a point to 7.3 per cent in August. The loss of jobs was small at 5,500, but it makes the second straight month that job creation was virtually flat in Canada. That was also below the economists' consensus, who had expected a modest 21,500 pick-up. The good news was that there was a modest gain in full-time employment of 25,700, with part-time work declining by 31,200.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Here we go, I believe now we are officially in the same boat as the US, if Greece defaults then it could spell a lot of bad things for N.A. like more economic uncertainty.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I live in Canada, work in a place that is constantly hiring, but rarely ever see people that actually want to work.The sentiment is similar among the other working people I know as well.

I'm starting to wonder... During a downturn is it just the people who don't deserve jobs that are out of them? Not a popular stance I'm sure, but it makes you think when you see countless people unable to preform simple tasks.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think its a morale breaker, we know people don;t want to work, and when they hear the economic news and find jobs then thats the thing, they just don't feel motivated to work.

I do wonder how the markets are going to react over the Greece thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

where in canada are you? im looking for work lol

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

7.3%?

I'm moving to Canada, that's it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Since 2008 i believe our canadian unemployment rate is alot higher then just 7,3 percent.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako

7.3%?

I'm moving to Canada, that's it.

dont hold your breath there the unemployment rates here are been manipulated that is, alot of people that i know of here have been out of work for two years.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I live in Canada, work in a place that is constantly hiring, but rarely ever see people that actually want to work.The sentiment is similar among the other working people I know as well.

I'm starting to wonder... During a downturn is it just the people who don't deserve jobs that are out of them? Not a popular stance I'm sure, but it makes you think when you see countless people unable to preform simple tasks.

Well if it is anything like here in Australia I suggest to you there are lots of people who want to work with many decent applications for vacancies. It's just employers are being extremely picky and discriminative.

new topics

top topics

join