It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul bests GOP competition in favorability poll.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

In yet another sign that perhaps the news media ought to think about treating his presidential campaign more seriously, Ron Paul was viewed about as favorably as Rick Perry and Mitt Romney by Americans in a new poll.
In an Associated Press-GfK telephone survey of the general population, 37 percent of the respondents said they have a positive view of the libertarian-leaning representative from Texas, while 36 percent said they did not.
Perry, the Texas governor, and Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, invoked similar favorable/unfavorable ratings that also fell within the poll's 4.1 percent margin of error. Romney was viewed favorably by 39 percent of Americans, and Perry was viewed favorably by 33 percent.
Another 41 percent said they viewed Romney unfavorably, and 36 percent viewed Perry unfavorably.

So we have:
Ron Paul : +1
Romney : -2
Perry : -3

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

GO GO GO Ron Paul Racer...... win this thing .....all the way
2nd

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Man we just have to accept no matter what the people want or believe, TPTB and MSM are doing everything in their power to sweep Dr. Paul under the rug. When every major news channel declares this a two man race after one major debate, it makes me want to bang my head on the wall!

This is why Dr. Paul resorted to dirty tactics during the last debate which should have destroyed Perry. Unfortunately, it's going to take more of this or maybe something out of left field to get Ron Paul the coverage and respect he deserves. I believe in Ron Paul more than any other candidate in recent history and we need to keep spreading the word ourselves for now and hope.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

I would like to correct you, telling the truth isn't a dirty tactic. If Perry wants to be a republican president, the people need to know about his actions not his words and if nobody is willing to come out with it, the only honest man on stage isn't going to let peer pressure intimidate him, he never backed down for 30 years, why would he start now?

Let me ask you this, is grilling Bernanke on television and in front of the house financial committee a dirty tactic? so why is grilling Perry in a debate on television a dirty tactic?

top topics

join