It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Colonel John Alexander On UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Army Colonel John Alexander On UFOs

www.disinfo.com

Former Army intelligence officer Col. John Alexander discusses his efforts to penetrate the mystery surrounding UFOs will serving in the army. (While on active duty he was granted permission to create the military’s only UFO working group.)

Alexander believes UFO’s exists but are not necessarily extraterrestrial, and that there is no grand, sinister, coordinated cover-up by the military structure. His hope is for experts to be able to probe the topic further without being subjected to ridicule or damage to their careers. My conclusion: this man is, in fact, an alien.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The link leads to basically a youtube. I have searched for this before posting and didnt find this particular story, but if I missed it apologies. I am not that familiar with Alexander's work but have always wanted to investigate it a bit more. along with other astronauts who have commented on ufo's in a constructive way. His views as presented here seem eminently reasonable, and he makes a good point about not jumping to conclusions. I do have reservations about his term in military intelligence, as this is almost by nature a deceptive occupation, My feeling is that there could be both cryto-terrestrials, genuine E.T. s, AND ultraterrestrials but whatever.

www.disinfo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I can't say I'm too familiar with his work, either. However, I enjoy the 'down to earth' assessments of individuals. I like a good story as much as anyone - but a lot of the UFO crowd go way off into magichanics that break the suspension of reality for me, and the story just loses appeal. A good UFO conspiracy reads like good science-fiction (Battletech/Mech-Warrior, Star Trek, or even Star Wars), not twilight. Hell, even Star Wars does the 'magic' to an acceptable standard.

Doesn't mean I believe it - but at least it sticks to its own logic and mechanics.

I think we really do need to organize the efforts of UFO researchers more, and be open to a more fundamental discussion about what we are seeing in any given case. There are, likely, thousands of undocumented and unknown natural phenomena (not unseen, or unrecorded, however) - many of which could hold some outstanding technological applications should they be replicated reliably in the laboratory.

We also have some fundamental logic to apply, if there are ETs with interstellar exploration means, and they do happen to be passing through/by our solar system... it's fairly likely they would stop by to observe us, for a number of reasons related to and unrelated to our status as a technological critter. Perhaps someone has caught a glimpse or two of that, in-progress.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightspore

That is kind of funny. I love your last line. After watching this recent compilation I don't even entertain skeptics any more.

UFOS are real. Many are but they are not all earthy technology. I am moving on to the questions of "What do they want?" and "Will they try to interact with us?" They must either be
a) Long lost relatives or benefactors or
b) Warned off (ie prohibited from interfering with us) OR
c) very nice well mannered aliens for not attacking and overtaking the planet already.
d) Biding their time? Waiting for reinforcements?

Some people think they are wearing human suits and already operating on the planet right now and have been in place for thousands of years. I don't know what to think. I know they are real and they are not ALL from here, beyond that...it's anybody's guess.s.

top topics

join