It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The government is trying to hide their secrets! They are making conspiracy theorists the scapegoat.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That is a nasty piece of writing. Again it falls on psychological techniques to push anyone who raises reasonable doubts or questions towards being part of the fringe element. This is wrong on so many levels, it's an insult to all open minded people who have justifiable doubts and questions. It stifles debate and expression on a key moment in history. This is not the sort of article we should be seeing in a free and open society. Taking the line of "believe the official story, there is no other possibility" beggars belief. I do not trust any group who take any expression of an alternate view, whether genuine questions or even the weirder fringe element, as an affront to democracy, a lack or patriotism, or otherwise decry the people asking questions. In, and of itself, that sort of behaviour makes me wonder what these people have to hide!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by trebor451

Oops, I guess I'm a human being, I make mistakes. This mistake is called a typo. I am purposefully writing this sentence in perfect grammar so you can be very happy. 8]

I'm sorry. It is called "attention to detail". If you can't even take the time to proofread your post and apply due diligence , don't expect anyone else to take anything you say seriously.

Definitely try paying attention when you wake up in the morning exhausted for class. It happens lol.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I definitely agree, from the first day I already had a feeling that everything was a setup. It still bothers me that people believe this official report as if they are sheep.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
This is not the sort of article we should be seeing in a free and open society. Taking the line of "believe the official story, there is no other possibility" beggars belief. I do not trust any group who take any expression of an alternate view, whether genuine questions or even the weirder fringe element, as an affront to democracy, a lack or patriotism, or otherwise decry the people asking questions. In, and of itself, that sort of behaviour makes me wonder what these people have to hide!

What sort of article should you see in a "free and open society?" Who would dictate what can be written and what cannot? The article under discussion doesn't discount alternate viewpoints but only describes the situation where those viewpoints are based on speculation, falsehoods, and gut feelings. It notes that theories are ever changing and fluid when the theorist is questioned about the details. Many are making a living bilking the gullible by selling books and CD's about the latest versions of their pet theories.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join