It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon To Have No-fly Zones By Month End

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrassyKnoll

Originally posted by pot8er
Surely its just a case of wanting to protect the landing sites of the places where man has landed / interacted with the moon. Like a sort of a museum, but the real thing for all to see, now and for the future ? Imagine if you could fast forward 1000 years and take a look back at the sheer *snip* of what man of that day acheived with such sh*t equiptement. Ha ha, imagine it. I'd love it. Archaic machines, from 1000 years ago, still in the place that they landed. With all the footprints and vehicles dotted about too.

That's my take on it anyways. I'm always open to other reasons though, anythings possible.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 7-9-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

It would be nice if I could see the equipment of the Apollo astronauts today never mind 1000 years from now.

All I have from NASA are blurry grey blobs allegedly depicting lunar modules and suspicious looking lines allegedly depicting astronaut footpaths and lunar rovers.
edit on 7-9-2011 by GrassyKnoll because: (no reason given)

Something like this?

edit on 9/7/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
There's always some idiot, jumped-up, self deluding fool who'll spout a ridiculous list of do's and dont's that they believe is "politically correct".

It neither makes them rules or a laws.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Guess they discovered our plans to goto the moon ourselves (Bugger IT! Let's build a Moon Base.... Who's in?)!

We have to work faster now to get there before they seal off the entire moon and we have to divert to Mars..

edit on 8-9-2011 by Elexio because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
Let's get those private space vehicles up and running. If I were a wealthy conspiracy theorist (do they even exist?), I would offer a large reward for scanning the moon and bringing back proof of alien life or ruins. You can't tell Pandora not to open the box.

Alas, I was a wealthy conspiracy theorist at one time but I spent my meager fortune on my gold plated underground survival palace and 30 years worth of canned caviar, Cubanos, Pellegrino and Cristal.

These days I can barely afford to pay child support to my three ex-wives let alone bankroll some space geek's moongasm.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

It's The Hindu.

It must mean Indian Space Agency No-fly zones. With all their curry powered rockets...and Astronauts...I wouldn't want them flying near me either, lest I suffocate from Vindaloo gases.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

Dude, GOLD HAS SKYROCKETED, You're rich again.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
whys it matter really.. z:/

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Did any of you that are freaking out about this even read the artice? What kind of a secret do you think they plan to hide by requesting you stay...wait for it…

75 METERS AWAY!?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
are they trying to protect hitler's moon base?

or did someone find oil?

can we expect fake rebels demanding rights and loans from the IMF so that the US can oust Mr & Mrs Spoon?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Damn it, there go my requests to buzz the landers in my spaceship ala Maverick.

What am I going to do now with my spaceship? What is everybody going to do with their spaceships?

The fun police have struck again

Sad day for all

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

You know, i could turn around and ridicuel the OP but i wont, i have had plentty of people put me down for things iv posted, probebly because im a girl? i dont know, i say "i dont know if this is true but here goes" and i still copped it, anyways, i think if there is so callled moon trafic then there must be allot more shuttles and craft going into space let alone flying past the moon,hmmm, with all the secrecey its not impossable, but also there is definantly suspicious here, more so, i am curious as to what will be done about the ufos,aliens and becons? sure either NASA "as rumored" has contact with ET's, more then likely, and have made some agreement to keep out of sight out of mind? if not, maybe if the frequency in space is as much as the visitations we see on earth is hard to hide, then maybe we can be looking at disclosure soon? i think there serriosley needs to be allot more research on this, wether or not this artical is true i still wonder about how, NASA has managed in co-operation with the NAVY, has managed to keep it all hush hush considering the amount of countries who have sattilites and so for in space, but i will end this post with "Hmmm"

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

No legal binding

According to Science, by the end of this month NASA is expected to come up with a set of “recommendations” for spacecraft and astronauts visiting the “U.S. government property on the moon.” Of course, these recommendations will not be legally binding as the 1967 Outer Space Treaty makes it clear that the lunar surface has no owner.

No legal binding, will this precedent still apply to United States Citizens ?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
why might the moon get busy or suddenly have a lot of people trying to claim their stake?

'Due to an enormous increase in demand over the past few years for helium-3 (He-3) in neutron detection (particularly in radiation portal monitors), the USG does not have enough He-3 in stock to meet current demand over the next few years.'
www.cablegatesearch.net...

'Another key element Indian scientists hope to locate is Helium-3. If detected, it could be extremely useful in nuclear reactors if transported to the earth'.
www.cablegatesearch.net...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I do not doubt the story is true. It could all be a hoax, but it makes sense. With the privatization of space, there are quite a few companies trying to be the first civilian on the moon. Japan is working on a lunar hotel project, and there are many smaller companies working on space travel. It is just a matter of years before someone does indeed return to the moon. When it happens, if it is this lunar hotel idea, the traffic to these sites could be very destructive if the people involved do not keep some sort of distance from them.

Keep in mind the requested distance is as low as 75 meters, even a low quality camera you can buy for a few bucks today will give you excellent photos at that range. With a decent camera you would have better quality pictures than even NASA has of these Landers and such. So I do not see why there is such an uproar about this. Have you tried to go to Stonehenge lately? You can’t even get within 75meters of Stonehenge any more. This sort of a standoff is not that big of a deal. They just do not want “tourists” to walk around and blot out the footprints or vandalize the equipment left behind.

edit on 8-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I hope they have my bit of land on the moon on that list, I plan to put an Earth Side facing manson on it.

www.lunarregistry.com...

www.moonestates.com...

edit on 8-9-2011 by Anonymouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
i literally said out loud WTF. how often does spacecrafts fly across the moon??? its not like here on earth where theres alot of air traffic, astronauts feces?!!? **facepalm to death..** who the hells going to beleive that bullcrap

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
What a load of BS, they are trying to keep people away from the Monolithic structures and that ancient ship that was supposedly found during the last couple of Apollo missions. We were told the moon doesnt belong to us.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
They don't want any future/present traffic to fly over them because they will clearly see that the landing sites simply do not exist, they don't want anyone to call their bluff and take close up pictures, either from orbit, or from the surface. Then if anyone has the real photographic proof, they will find themselves up as targets for a future war or to be taken out.

Anyone who watches the Lunar activity of the Astronauts in any detail, will see the the total damage and dis-respect that they show to " The Moon ". A quick question to NASA, you say that the first footprint on the moon has to be preserved for posterity, well how can that footprint at the bottom of the very ladder which the Astronauts used time and time again, kicking up sand and lugging equipment past it, survive. Unless they mean the plaster of paris moulding they made for the famous photograph. But then if they want people to keep away from the area which the Moonwalks took place, they would have to enforce a no fly zone over area 51 and the surrounding areas, oh wait ! they already have !
edit on 8-9-2011 by Qwenn because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
DAMN THEM ALL!

I've made it clear I own the moon, yet they still persist.

Make a move on my moon in any way shape or form, with this sort of shenanigans...

You people will WISH there were aliens.

Grrr grr

*looks at you all*

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This is the most idiotic thing I've heard today
. They want to preserve the landing sites as a sort of historic museum. What's the point of a museum if you can't go there and look at the exhibits?
edit on 8-9-2011 by ThisPlaceIsDifferent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join