It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Heat Packing Student Shoots It Out With Robber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is where we need to be as a society as a whole! Legal law abiding citizens upholding the law! This punk thug robber was 15 YEARS OLD! Well at least he learned early on a good lesson. Hes lucky to be alive thats for sure
www.theblaze.com...

edit on 7-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: spellin

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And this is EXACTLY why I will take the second amendment to my grave.

not all guns are for crimes, they are also for protection.
edit on 7-9-2011 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
This is where we need to be as a society as a whole! Legal law abiding citizens upholding the law! This punk thug robber was 15 YEARS OLD! Well at least he learned early on a good lesson. Hes lucky to be alive thats for sure
www.theblaze.com...

edit on 7-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: spellin

What an uplifting story to balance the bad news these days. At first I was sorry to hear he wasn't able to shoot a few of the kids pals who were participating in the armed robbery with him, but then I got to thinking.....better those criminals go on to share the story about how one victim fought back. Perhaps it will give others a moment of pause before walking up on someone to commit a violent felony. We need far more of these stories with widespread publicity.

S/F and here is hoping more good citizens like this help make the job of being a violent criminal a VERY dangerous line of work to pursue. Perhaps, help turn it into a downright terminal career path.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Gratz to the student on defending himself. Too bad the 15 yo scumbag lived through the encounter, but I am sure he has learned an important lesson. The second amendment is the guarantee of all of our rights. If we do not have the right to defend ourselves, all other rights are meaningless.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
thats pretty gangster... nice post

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I do not like guns, and do advocate strict background checks, etc, but this is why we DO need some guns. I carry a knife, I feel safe with it. I assume gun owners feel the same.
Good job, to the student

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Is this the first time it ever happened? It must be awesome to see your argument for owning firearms vindicated.

It's just a pity that 100,000 people have to die for each positive story.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
How come the robber isn't charged with attempted murder?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by squandered
Is this the first time it ever happened? It must be awesome to see your argument for owning firearms vindicated.

For the millionth time guns dont kill people Idiots with guns kill people. Id radther have a gun to protect my family with than a boomerang mate but maybe thats just me

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Next time aim for the head.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I agree that it's too bad. But I hope you're not arguing for taking away the right of law-abiding citizens to carry firearms. Because it's not the law-abiding gun owners who've killed 100,000 people. And obviously taking the guns away from legal-carrying citizens won't have any noticeable effect on the ones doing the major killing--except maybe to make them bolder....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Gratz to the student on defending himself. Too bad the 15 yo scumbag lived through the encounter, but I am sure he has learned an important lesson. The second amendment is the guarantee of all of our rights. If we do not have the right to defend ourselves, all other rights are meaningless.

THe 15 year old will have learned something for sure.

BRAGGING RIGHTS ARE AWESOME!

This little cretin will now have his pals think all the more of him, been shot at 15, hardcore..

I have no idea actually, where I live, scumbags still glass people with stubbies. We don't have such gun issues en masse. Well, not Western side, the other half of Aus is shooting the hell out of itself, bloody melb gangs.. lol

But if kids are kids, all this has done is give this scumbag a story to tell his mates who will think he's cool.

The student may have been charged with murder had he kept shooting. What if he's yelled stop or I'll shoot? Making a citizens arrest? How is it police can shoot and kill someone who's trying to evade capture, even if they've done nothing serious and are just stupidly running. YET if someone is getting away from a serious crime, it's a problem to prevent them escaping if you're the victim?

I want the proper world back, the one that made sense, and didnt' constantly make me want to dig a cave and live in it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
I do not like guns, and do advocate strict background checks, etc, but this is why we DO need some guns. I carry a knife, I feel safe with it. I assume gun owners feel the same.
Good job, to the student

I carried a knife. Used to. Always. Because where I live, you need something due to the fact mobs of 10-15 people can swarm and attack you for no reason. Helps if you have an ipod however, to make it worth their while.

Yep, walking to the shop, cop drives past. no reasoning. Stop and search in the carpark of my own shops.

Good old stop and search laws, oh wait, they hadnt been introduced yet. I guess they just did it anyway. "Why am I being searched?" "Not going to say anything mate. Cant tell you.".. useless prats.

I told them I had a utility knife, and $340 later I don't carry a knife anymore. I carry a short and thick branch off a tree. openly... it's quite sharp... but hey I just found it on the ground...

Might not be the most effiient thing, but once it enters your damn eye you'll wish you'd never decided to bother the old fart carrying his shopping home.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

For the millionth time guns dont kill people Idiots with guns kill people. Id radther have a gun to protect my family with than a boomerang mate but maybe thats just me

Great. So would I but the odds of someone confronting you with a gun are 1000's of times worse than me. I'll take my odds with a man with a stick and me with my legs, running... like the good old days when it's still safe to go out at night.

You'll never learn.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

I agree that it's too bad. But I hope you're not arguing for taking away the right of law-abiding citizens to carry firearms. Because it's not the law-abiding gun owners who've killed 100,000 people. And obviously taking the guns away from legal-carrying citizens won't have any noticeable effect on the ones doing the major killing--except maybe to make them bolder....

First of all, I understand the murder rate in the US to be astronomical and that's the fault of guns. The 100,000 deaths don't prove the necessity for the one incident when someone managed to defend himself.

I don't claim to know what the solution is. All I know is that we're much better off without all the weapons in the hands of all the idiots. If they are easy enough to get the idiots will have them and in America the idiots have guns, point blank.

Responsible ownership is perfectly all right. I'd have an armoury if I could. I don't think "defence" is a reasonable argument though.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It is too bad more criminals are not kept in check similarly.

Im guessing he shot center mass, too bad he did not follow up with a head shot.

This punk will get out all too soon with no record at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by squandered

When kids play adult games,
they better be prepared to receive adult consequences.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This story is a really good example of intelligent and legal self-defense. I am glad no one was killed. I personally look at all teenagers as a potential threat...until they prove otherwise.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

If you criminalize guns. Then only criminals have them.

The USA is a violent country. You need to be prepared to defend yourself.

And honestly a gun is just a tool.
In the hands of the right person it can do good.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

If you criminalize guns. Then only criminals have them.

The USA is a violent country. You need to be prepared to defend yourself.

And honestly a gun is just a tool.
In the hands of the right person it can do good.

This is all so damn tired and circular.

USA has a very real problem with guns being in the hands of too many people.

Let me make this clear. No amount of bravado e.g "you wanna play an adult game with me blah blah", or even pseudo-logic like "people deserve to be able to protect themselves" will alter the underlying fact and that is, you want guns to protect yourselves from guns = dumb.

Nothing I've already written hasn't been clear about the most important consideration. USA has massive amounts of gun crime. Countries without the lax gun laws have less than 1% as high a murder rate. Guns are killing people. Queue the typical slogans "people kill people" Criminals will kill you anyway" etc etc.

The fact remains the same. Without the readily available guns you would have nothing to complain about when you wrongly demand that you deserve to carry a gun. I meant to say "wrongly". That's my assessment of the circular arguments.

Because both sides of the argument don't play fair. As is usual in America both sides paint the other with ideologies that aren't real and strangely enough both sides go along. Because of this I can't be treated normally for a reasonable argument.

You lot are so crazy that I can tell you that you will assess me as a greeny, lefty, pinko, etc as we speak, so by all means re-read my comments to get personal attitude as a self-confessed gun toting admirer of all weaponry. You'll still see me being attacked personally - simply because I won't tow the line. I'd rather be in the gun side - the problem is the reasoning is completely flawed. You have problem with guns NOT THE LACK OF THEM.

Quit the crap argument. The "right to bare arms" belongs in the 1800's. It's obvious.

What can America do?
Now that's another question. You're smart people (you exaggerate any issue beyond comprehension though).
Hmmm
I got it. Obama should spend 300 billion on a gun buy back - semi-automatics and up (anything meant to kill people). After that, being found with such a weapon incurs a massive penalty. The people get some cash and the gov't / tax payers get the money back saving on police, generations of family trauma, general hate within your communities and prison over-population etc.

Hows that... deal?

new topics

top topics

join