It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fired for heckling Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
CHARLESTON, West Virginia (AP) -- A man who heckled President Bush at a political rally was fired from his job at an advertising and design company for offending a client who provided tickets to the event.

The fired graphic designer said Saturday he won't try to get his job back.

"I'm mad less about losing the job -- I'm more mad about the reasons," said Glen Hiller, 35, of Berkeley Springs. "All I did was show up and voice my opinion."

Hiller was ushered out of Hedgesville High School on Tuesday after shouting his disagreement with Bush's comments about the war in Iraq and the search for weapons of mass destruction. The crowd had easily drowned out Hiller with its chant: "Four more years."

www.cnn.com...

This is rediculous! A man is fired for speaking his mind against Bush? Whatever happened to freedom of speech in this country? Whatever happened to our constitution? If you don't like what your commander in chief is doing than you have the freedom to speak your mind. Why should anyone get fired if they think the President is doing something wrong. This is wrong!

[edit on 23-8-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
this is a prime example of why you should totally seperate work and politics. i think the guy who gave him the tickets should have been fired too, since he was part of this whole situation. however this last paragraph in the story bothered me

Last month, Charleston City Council apologized to two protesters arrested for wearing anti-Bush T-shirts to the president's July 4 rally. The pair were taken from the event in restraints after revealing T-shirts with Bush's name crossed out on the front and the words "Love America, Hate Bush" on the back. Trespassing charges were ultimately dismissed.

this is just scary!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
And we call this a democracy!!

Ya Right

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Already covered.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yep there was a thread on this yesterday,

Ill lock this so please add your comments to the other one.

Thanks

Asala

new topics

top topics

join