It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Started Predicting When Text Messages Are coming through Again..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well yeah. I've been using a mobile phone again for about half a year now after a year long break. Its got to the point where I can now 90% of the time 'Feel' a text message a few seconds before it registers on my phone.

To trolls: No its not the phones vibrational function.
To skeptics: No I don't think I am psychic, I am just very in tune with my body so its not unreasonable to think that I could pick up on an unnatural signal being received basically on my person.

Anyone else experience things like this?

I experience a lot weirder stuff.. this is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

What really happened: He/she predicted a single text, and due to their own cognitive bias, now suddenly predicts all texts!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It happens to me occasionally, I think on my part it is just a weird coincidence. There have been plenty of times I’ve felt the need to pick my phone up and the second I put it down it rings. Im interested in “how” you predict… Does an alarm go off in your head? (Seriously) I just get an all over calm-ness I guess you would call it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well if you text someone you know you will get a text back, about 90% of the time it will be within a few minutes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200457
Well if you text someone you know you will get a text back, about 90% of the time it will be within a few minutes.

Lol what a great point.

*Sends text*

Guys im feeling a text coming soon... This is

*Vibrate sound*
See! Am i going mad or WHAT?!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard

What really happened: He/she predicted a single text, and due to their own cognitive bias, now suddenly predicts all texts!

Erm no not at all mate. I used to get it all the time then after coming back to mobile phones it happens 90% of the time I get random texts.

I'm talking about random texts. I rarely text people first. And yes 90% of the time.

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Lol what a great point.

*Sends text*

*Vibrate sound*

No not at all. I'm not frickin stupid. I told it how it is.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

*Vibrate sound*

LOL!

My daughter can predict incoming texts too, but since she gets one about every 30 seconds I don't think it's due to any precog abilities

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow, lot of heat being lobbed onto the OP for something that's entirely possible.

Set your phone next to your computer speakers while surfing ATS, and have some volume up. You'll hear a text message arriving through your speakers before your phone vibrates/beebs/rings/dings/chirps/whatevers.

So, I propose that the skeptics offer up prove that it's impossible for any human being, to detect signal in one way or another.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Wow, lot of heat being lobbed onto the OP for something that's entirely possible.

Set your phone next to your computer speakers while surfing ATS, and have some volume up. You'll hear a text message arriving through your speakers before your phone vibrates/beebs/rings/dings/chirps/whatevers.

So, I propose that the skeptics offer up prove that it's impossible for any human being, to detect signal in one way or another.

I agree you can hear the signal if a phone is place next to some electrical items such as speakers and tv`s also to add to it their is a good possibility that you are just more sensitive to microwaves if you look about the web there is a lot of info about electromagnetic smog that can effect people and cause something like tinnitus, also if you have ever had any metal plates fitted because of broken bones these can tingle due to the EM frequencies. so basically i believe you mate becuase i am able to hear if someone turns on a crt monitor in the house becuase of the high pitch sound it makes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yes, actually I understand and have been experiencing something somewhat similiar.

My phone sucks - the ringer/vibration rarely work on incoming calls, just the screen lights up. Plus, since the signal I receive in my house is almost non-existent, it is very rare for me to be alerted to any incoming call, since they are both silent and rare.

Over the last few months, I have found that I reach for the phone without thinking about it about 15-30 seconds before a call comes in - although this only seems to happen for family & friend phone calls, the ones I want to take! It certainly doesn't happen every time, but about 3 out of 4 for the last few months.

The main time it doesn't happen - when I'm expecting a call, consciously thinking about it. It seems to work the most often when I am otherwise involved in something, and I reach for the phone without stopping to think about it. Oh, the mysteries of the mind...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Well yeah. I've been using a mobile phone again for about half a year now after a year long break. Its got to the point where I can now 90% of the time 'Feel' a text message a few seconds before it registers on my phone.

To skeptics: No I don't think I am psychic, I am just very in tune with my body so its not unreasonable to think that I could pick up on an unnatural signal being received basically on my person.

Friend:

[EDIT] Not all every time, however, to frequent to be an anomaly.

Yes... For just over a year now. If I am near my phone my right hand will tremor. If I am wearing it my spine will tingle up to my crown. This will happen for txt, emails, and calls.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 7-9-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I had this happen ALL the time with my Blackberry...Not as often with my new HTC phone.
Many times these were random texts and or calls. I would sense it coming and as I pick up my phone it begins ringing or the text comes in.
I honestly have chalked it up to me being able to sense the signal coming through...subconsciously somehow.
I don't know what the likelihood of that could be...
Blackberry was stronger tho...take that for what it is worth. Happened ALL the time, constantly...it was a fun little trick I had with that phone lol!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
and by signal I mean the electromagnetic frequency or radio signal or, cell signal...I honestly don't know what a cell phone uses.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

I am a Blackberry user also.

-Chung

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Have you tried switching off " predictive text" in your phone settings ?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Not me personally but I had a friend in college who would feel the magnetic waves being given off before she or anyone else near her was going to get a call or message....and it would affect her badly. She would literally feel dizzy or nauseous and if it didn't stop she'd throw up. Thats why her phone was always turned off unless she needed to use it. She was Russian by the way. Russian peeps have interesting genes if you ask me.
edit on 7-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I believe this is possible. I don't know how it works or why it works but my old cellphone used to interfere with my TV so badly, about a second before a text message or call, we would hear a strange noise in the TV, so I think it is possible that humans can feel it also. My new cell phone not so much, but whatever frequency they use, I think some people can "feel" it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Yes and westerners have very vivid imaginations .
In my opinion , of course

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
reply to post by nusnus

Yes and westerners have very vivid imaginations .
In my opinion , of course

Well of course they do
but stranger things have happened lol

new topics

top topics

join