It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get rid of a stuffy nose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Out of nowhere the other day, I got a stuffy nose. It's probably the weather change, it went from 32.2 Celsius aka (90 degrees) to 13.33 celsius (70 degrees) and I can barely breathe! I've been popping decongestants like candy, I've tried steam. What can I do to get rid of this stuffy nose !?

I'm frustrated, tired, hungry and my nose is raw from blowing it.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If it starts to burn inside the sinuses, it's an infection. At that point, I snort Tea Tree Oil. Makes me drain like hell, but it kills the germs--which is all I care about.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here it dropped from 110 all summer long to about 100.

And I too have a stuffy nose. Allegra D and some Mentholatum clear me right up tho

edit on 7-9-2011 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Go to Hooters, eat their hot wings, the hottest you can stand. No, I do not work there, or advertise for them. I just like their wings and whenever I eat the hot ones, my stuffy nose problem ends within minutes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Try something called NeilMed...you can get it at a local pharmacy/walgreen/cvs/whatever. You boil water, let it cool, put in a packet of the stuff and blast it through your nose. Works every time!

Or you can try the old world method - boil onions and stand over the pot breathing it in - seriously works

CJ
edit on 7-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The quickest, simplest way to unstuff your nose is to dissolve a little sea salt in some warm water -- about a shot glass full is plenty.

Now you can soak a cotton ball in the water and swab inside your nose, or tilt your head to one side and pour thru the upper nostril until it flows out the lower one and then repeat for the other side.

Salt water will clear your nostrils lickety-split.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Try something called NeilMed...you can get it at a local pharmacy/walgreen/cvs/whatever. You boil water, let it cool, put in a packet of the stuff and blast it through your nose. Works every time!

CJ
edit on 7-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

Totally agree with this. They are also sold as "Neti Pots". Make sure to use cooled boiled water though. It is a little odd at first to drain water through your nose, but I swear after a couple of days mine is always better!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Get a few cans of chicken soup and a few cloves of garlic.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have been doing this for about 5 years because when I take over the counter cold medicine or decongestants my heart rate will exceed 140 beats per minute. So I HAD to find a new way. Just adding this detail so everyone will know I'm serious.

Okay this is HOT. If you don't like hot/spicy stuff, don't try it.

1 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Mix everything together. Boil or microwave, do not strain. Drink it. My nose will start to run within about two sips. By the time I finish, nose is clear. Now I will drink about 3 cups of this a day, if needed. But be careful, your tolerance of cayenne may be lower.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Basil is very much effective to get relief from the stuffy nose. The regular using of basils can remove your all nasal problems as well.

Collect few fresh basil leaves and clean them properly. Chew 3 or 4 leaves in the night and morning. In order to obtain better result you can consume basil leaves with tea.

Note: It will be better to chew basil leaves before taking morning breakfast, and before going to the bed at night.

Source: 17 Home Remedies to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose(Runny Nose)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: letianmoon

Thanks for Basil tip, worked great.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I strongly recommend follow natural methods to get rid from this problem, there are many diy things there we can do at our home.

These ingredients will help you to get rid from this problem - Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar, Tamatoo etc.

new topics

top topics

join