It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wreck divers: Lusitania wasn't just a passenger ship!!!! it was carrying weapons!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by patternfinder
Do you guys realize what this means? America was told that it was just a passenger ship and that germany didn't have any right to sink it.....this is what they used for us to go to war with germany!!!!!

edit on 5-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

After the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor we did not need an excuse to go to war with Germany. I say this because Germany, Italy and Japan had a defense alliance treaty and when we were attacked by Japan we were at war with Germany by default.

Prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941 we had been determined to remain neutral in the conflict in Eurpoe and Roosevelt was determined to only provide Lend-Lease aid to Winston Churchill and the British war effort. This is why there was so much .303 ammunition on the ship, since the Enfield .303 was the main firearm of British troops at the time.

Roosevelt, working closely with his aide Harry Hopkins, made the United States the principal arms supplier and financier of the Allies which is why I think Japan really attacked us in Pearl Harbor. The Germans were aware of America's financial aide to the Allies and needed a way to provoke us into the conflict, to which the Japanese were willing to provide.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

tripple chuck norris facepalmĀ² for you my friend. Go learn some history. The last thing Germany wanted was the US provoked to go to war.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
We're talking WW1 and the Lusitania.
But as far as WW2 is concerned, I was surprised to learn that there were German U-boats swarming our coasts.

You're right, I was thinking of the SS Lehigh, which was torpedoed by a German U-Boat on October 19, 1941 while approaching the strait of Gibraltar.

But yes during WW1 and WW2 there were many German U-Boats roaming the waters of North America and the Gulf of Mexico. There was even a crew from a German U-Boat that landed somewhere around South Carolina I think it was , an astonished people on the beach at the time.

The U-701 is sitting off the coast of Cape Hatteras in 110' of water and is an excellent wreck to dive. Total there are 20 U-Boats that were sank off the American coast.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter

Originally posted by patternfinder
Do you guys realize what this means? America was told that it was just a passenger ship and that germany didn't have any right to sink it.....this is what they used for us to go to war with germany!!!!!

edit on 5-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

After the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor we did not need an excuse to go to war with Germany. I say this because Germany, Italy and Japan had a defense alliance treaty and when we were attacked by Japan we were at war with Germany by default.

Prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941 we had been determined to remain neutral in the conflict in Eurpoe and Roosevelt was determined to only provide Lend-Lease aid to Winston Churchill and the British war effort. This is why there was so much .303 ammunition on the ship, since the Enfield .303 was the main firearm of British troops at the time.

Roosevelt, working closely with his aide Harry Hopkins, made the United States the principal arms supplier and financier of the Allies which is why I think Japan really attacked us in Pearl Harbor. The Germans were aware of America's financial aide to the Allies and needed a way to provoke us into the conflict, to which the Japanese were willing to provide.

tripple chuck norris facepalmĀ² for you my friend. Go learn some history. The last thing Germany wanted was the US provoked to go to war.

You should take some of your own advice. Germany definately wanted the U.S. to be brought into the war against Japan because then we would have to focus our funds on our own war efforts and that would reduce our aide to the Allies in Europe. Why esle were there so many U-Boats patrolling the U.S. eastern seaboard in early 1940 and 1941? I suppose you think they were part of a peacekeeping envoy. Germany sank 4 US Merchant ships in 1939, 32 in 1940, and 61 in 1941, if Germany didn't want to provoke the U.S. into war then please explain why they sank so many of these merchant ships. Maybe you and Chuck Norris can do some reading on the history of the Merchant Marine then explain this to me.

America was supplying massive amounts of munitions and armamnet to the British Empire from 39-41 and as a result were boosting the British Empire's defenses. Hitler knew that they only way to stop Roosevelt's support to British was to provoke the U.S. into war with Japan in the Pacific theater thereby forcing us to focus our efferts into our own defenses.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You should take some of your own advice. Germany definately wanted the U.S. to be brought into the war against Japan because then we would have to focus our funds on our own war efforts and that would reduce our aide to the Allies in Europe. Why esle were there so many U-Boats patrolling the U.S. eastern seaboard in early 1940 and 1941? I suppose you think they were part of a peacekeeping envoy. Germany sank 4 US Merchant ships in 1939, 32 in 1940, and 61 in 1941, if Germany didn't want to provoke the U.S. into war then please explain why they sank so many of these merchant ships. Maybe you and Chuck Norris can do some reading on the history of the Merchant Marine then explain this to me.

America was supplying massive amounts of munitions and armamnet to the British Empire from 39-41 and as a result were boosting the British Empire's defenses. Hitler knew that they only way to stop Roosevelt's support to British was to provoke the U.S. into war with Japan in the Pacific theater thereby forcing us to focus our efferts into our own defenses.

First, you are not aware of the fact that the Lusitania was sunk in WW1! Now you are speaking of WW2!! This was my whole point and the facepalm reason!

I hoped you will see it yourself.

Second, you are right when you say that hitler wanted the americans to be distracted by japan, this is not the point. I said that germany nerver wanted a war with america. By this I mean US vs Germany and not US vs Germanys allies.

Third, erm I find it kind of obvious to attack supply ships of the enemy? I could say, too: So america provoked it.
edit on 6-9-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Did you fail to read my previous post where I said I was mistakingly thinking of the S.S. Lehigh?...Doh!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join