It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting to feel alittle bit like dorothy from the wizard of oz...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So currently im in South east GA. And im starting to believe i might infact be in Kanas instead. Seems like everytime we get a storm we get tornados. All day its been torndados.thankfully they have been about everywhere except for here , back in may though we got slammed and the whole city of barnesville was just about destroyed. I understand we as a state are not strangers to tornados but it seems like 2011 has brought stronger more frequent tornados then ever before .

Makes me quite nervous lol. Anywho just trying to pass away the time and let these things run along. Its pitch black outside about 10 mph wind and some heavy rainfall..so nothing to bad. thoughts to the rest of the state that got it worse then over here.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned24

I live way north of you and a small twister wrapped itself around my clothesline and yanked the back wall off the house one afternoon. And even though I know tornadoes are rare in my area, that experience still makes me a bit wary and cautious in inclement weather. So you must be a strong person to live with that realistic fear as much as you do.

Do you have a basement to go to? What safety plans do you have, Dorothy?

Stay safe. Am sending lots of good vibes to you and those around you. Although they say the land of Oz is a nice place, it's better to take a plane than to ride on the furious wind to get there.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
2011 has been a pretty wild year for tornadoes. 6 EF5s! And 2 really bad outbreaks over Tuscaloosa and Joplin. The total damages in the US from tornadoes this year are over $20 billion

From Wikipedia:

2011 has been an exceptionally destructive and deadly year for tornadoes; worldwide, at least 566 people perished due to tornadoes: 12 in Bangladesh and one in New Zealand, one in the Philippines, one in Russia, one in Canada and an estimated 550 in the United States (compared to 564 US deaths in the 10 years prior combined).

Due in large part to several extremely large tornado outbreaks in the middle and end of April and in late May, the year is currently on near-record to record pace, with six EF5 tornadoes as of July 6. It is also the deadliest year for tornadoes in the United States since 1936, due mostly to the 324 tornadic deaths that occurred during the April 27 outbreak across the Southeastern United States and the 159 tornadic deaths in the 2011 Joplin Tornado.

edit on 5/9/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Hey aboutface! love your name btw. ex military? i am
to answer your question no i dont have a basement to be honest im in a camper lol not to be confused with a trailer..campers are smaller lol. no there really is no safety plan except prayer, which seemed to help greatly last time we had one back in may. That sucker was in the backyard no joke. ended up in the floor bed of a pick up truck which im aware is a dumb move but considering the alternitives thats what made most sense at the time. So far god has seen fit that i stay safe. Alot of people dont believe in him and thats fine but its personal opinion hes got my side.lol hes certainly proved it on more then one occasion. working on getting out of this death trap soon. thank you for sending your good vibes out
and also sorry to hear about your damage. but atleast your ok. and in the end thats all that really matters..life matters

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

No, I was never in the military. I signed up with that name because of a thread in one of the forums that made me do an aboutface, but I'll be darned if I can now remember what it was,

Now you have me a worried about your safety.
At least you know that floor boards are not a safety plan, but what you're telling me is that you in fact don't have a plan, and I have to call you out on that. A camper might as well be a projectile. You must form some kind of safety plan for yourself and your family, such as driving to the nearest mall and chilling out there until a dangerous storm passes. So fess us. What will you do next time?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well , i would say since we are consumed with woods out here the extreme short plan would be to find a ditch and wait it out. If we know before hand say 15- 20 minutes before then i can make plans to get to a sturdy building. but its going to have to be that amount of time before hand like i said im completely engolfed in the woods..15 minutes to the closet city.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Gosh, that's tough. Maybe consider whether your safety plan might include each person grabbing a pillow to cover head and spine if you lie in a ditch? Only trying to help. ( I used to work in an ER)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Thats certainly an excellent idea. the ditches out here are pretty steep so id say thatd be the best idea. thank you for your concern. like i said im working on a better safety plan but thats what ive got as best option at this point. just hope the weather holds tight till i come up with a better one lol.

top topics

join